PDA

View Full Version : How Often Should You Paint Your House?

Hellokitty
30th June 2011, 01:50 PM
I'm thinking how often should I re-paint my house? Is it normal to re-paint every 5 years? Any advise & comments? Thanks! :)

Interior Designer
1st July 2011, 12:07 PM
I would say 3 to 5 years. It also depend on the condition..

Some good indicators that your house is ready to be repainted are:
1. Loose peeling paint
2. Siding joints have opened up and require caulking
3. Siding and trim sheen level will have dulled down
4. Siding has faded (Noticeable from the sunny sides and shady sides)

hazel
1st July 2011, 04:41 PM
Usually around 2-3 years, as every new coat will bring changes to your life.

hoclara
2nd July 2011, 11:52 AM
Maybe you can repaint your house when you get sick of the color.

anora
25th July 2011, 04:35 PM
Well...

Its a good question.. I often paint my house with in 2 years and earlier if i needed...

lion
30th July 2011, 04:40 PM
My Sis kids paints the wall every month, but they need to wash it off after every time. :D

DiannaSimons
21st September 2011, 12:42 PM
Usually every 5-7 years depending if your just bored and want a change but if u have it done professionally about 10 yrs is average

happylalapo
5th October 2011, 11:33 AM
Humm, when did i paint my house, when i first move in that was 2 years ago.

Did not think of painting it yet, guess because my wall do not get dirty as I do not have young children at home.

valeriewalton
12th October 2011, 03:33 PM
It depends on what kind of paint you had used for painting it, usually an ordinary paint would last until 8-10 months I think it is also a factor on how you keep your house clean in order to avoid the wall paint on being damaged or ruined.

hazel
13th October 2011, 12:12 PM
my dad repaint when he thinks he is down on luck and will also start shifting things around the house. he said can change fengshui

Valerieng
28th October 2011, 11:49 AM
Usually i paint once every 2 years.
Nowadays it doesnt cost much to paint ;)

eileen8
23rd November 2011, 05:04 PM
Usually around 2-3 years, as every new coat will bring changes to your life.

I do agree that we should change the house painting once the color is not making an fresh impact on our family life

joanneong
3rd January 2012, 10:21 PM
I do agree that we should change the house painting once the color is not making an fresh impact on our family life

I do agree with your saying. The colours of our walls do have impacts on my mood too. Because of that, I got my executive apartment done up by the Painter from Painter Singapore recommended by my colleagues to brighten up my houses and which would steadily improve my mood. Their service was quite good and they also provide this free onsite quotation without obligation. The end result was not bad. can try can try

janeng
13th January 2012, 05:52 PM
actually i think painting can be fun and a bonding activity. there is no time frame when to paint just go with your mood.

PoleneLee
25th February 2012, 06:05 PM
I do agree with your saying. The colours of our walls do have impacts on my mood too. Because of that, I got my executive apartment done up by the Painter from Painter Singapore recommended by my colleagues to brighten up my houses and which would steadily improve my mood. Their service was quite good and they also provide this free onsite quotation without obligation. The end result was not bad. can try can try

It is true about what you say