PDA

View Full Version : Housing Loan Increase?

janeng
24th January 2008, 01:09 PM
Will Singapore banks increase interest on Housing Loan because of inflation?
( Or will SIBOR or SOR go up because of inflation?)

shrekkie33
24th January 2008, 01:31 PM
hi hi janeng,

i am equally curious leh ....

stock market crash then will banks offer lower interest rates?

can someone tell us....then i will have a better idea to refinance in the next few months... lock in ended ...time to think about this

janeng
25th January 2008, 10:20 AM
Hi Shrekkie33,

I think maybe not this year. Anyway, these days inflation is so unpredictable. Everything is going up and when will it come down??????:confused:

jane

shrekkie33
25th January 2008, 10:37 AM
Hi janeng,

why you ask huh? I just curious. you intend to buy house or refinance is it? I think sibor and sor will drop so good time to get a good home loan package.

i thought now best to buy stocks..if you have extra cash.

well, i guess the rich will get richer, the poor will get poorer....cos rich have $ to invest and grow money. With increasing living expenses, poor will get poor!

oh my so negative ! and its friday .... better change attitude ! TGIF !!!!

shrek

HalcyonVI
25th January 2008, 04:03 PM
Will Singapore banks increase interest on Housing Loan because of inflation?
( Or will SIBOR or SOR go up because of inflation?)

SIBOR tends to follow the Fed rate so from the look of things, interest rate should be on a downtrend.

janeng
28th January 2008, 01:27 PM
Hi janeng,

why you ask huh? I just curious. you intend to buy house or refinance is it? I think sibor and sor will drop so good time to get a good home loan package.

i thought now best to buy stocks..if you have extra cash.

well, i guess the rich will get richer, the poor will get poorer....cos rich have $ to invest and grow money. With increasing living expenses, poor will get poor!

oh my so negative ! and its friday .... better change attitude ! TGIF !!!!

shrek

hi Shrek,

I'm looking to buy a new house. Yar heard that stock markets are going down but wonder how low it will go. When is the best time to lock a good loan package?

Jane

janeng
28th January 2008, 01:29 PM
SIBOR tends to follow the Fed rate so from the look of things, interest rate should be on a downtrend.

Hi,

Thanks for the advise. But any idea how low the interest will go and how when is the best time to lock in a good loan package. Any thing that I should observe?

Jane

shrekkie33
28th January 2008, 02:39 PM
hi Shrek,

I'm looking to buy a new house. Yar heard that stock markets are going down but wonder how low it will go. When is the best time to lock a good loan package?

Jane

No idea man! Would like to know too ...I dont buy stocks just hearsay. anyway stocks already bounce back... so possible rates will not go down much more ? 12 mths Sibor is already at 1.68%. I wonder how low can it go seriously.....

any expert here? :confused:

Curry Chicken
22nd March 2008, 11:47 AM
Sibor has moved down around 0.15% these couple of months. HalcyonVI you are good :) Anyway, if you are looking to buy a property, it's better to time the property market than to time the housing loan market. If you want to lock in loan package, just apply for in-principle approval first lor.