PDA

View Full Version : Adding Plants to Home Decor

Home Decor Fanatic
14th July 2011, 12:19 AM
Having indoor plants improve the look of your house, improve the air quality, soothing for the mind. Some plants are actually able to help clean the air in your home, creating a healthier environment! :)

So what plants do you suggest?

Hellokitty
14th July 2011, 10:39 AM
Money Plant: If you are interested in removing volatile organic compounds from the air (VOCs), you can use the money plant to do so. It acts a filter that can remove VOCs like formaldehyde out of the air, improving air quality.

Interior Designer
15th July 2011, 10:16 AM
Areca Palm

A species of palm which grows in much of the tropical Pacific, Asia, and parts of east Africa. The palm is believed to have originated in either Malaysia or the Philippines.

During the day, the Areca Palm generates a great deal of oxygen, taking the carbon dioxide you exhale and turning it into oxygen. While four shoulder-high plants for each person in the home is recommended, you can can still get benefits even with fewer plants around the house.

irng
21st July 2011, 06:50 PM
yes, money plant. i like money plant and they last for a long time.

hazel
22nd July 2011, 05:36 PM
my mom plants many. my corridor is packed with plants. also my neighbour plants alot too so when anyone walk passed our corridor is like walking passed a mini forest.

anora
25th July 2011, 04:25 PM
Very nice...

Its true.. The plants increase the beauty of homes... The interior decoration with plants is also a good idea. The plants are the most benefited things for human...

irng
3rd August 2011, 01:13 PM
but then again, beware of mosquitoe breeding. must really put in the effort to clean lor

rasskizge
4th August 2011, 12:51 PM
I think African violets do well near windows and have pretty purple flowers. They do not need too much water. Just check the soil to see when it gets too moist and wandering jew plant which has purple colored leaves and will grow and expand and its similar to a vine. There are many great plants that will grow well indoors, as long as you have them near light and water them when needed. I hope this will helpful to you.
(http://www.vanbrouck.com/)

DiannaSimons
21st September 2011, 12:40 PM
I'm considering this in our home, but before I buy some, what do thing is better, plastic plants or real plants???

JennyK
4th October 2011, 12:02 PM
Yes I agree that's why few household also put some plant insider their home but they already put in a pot. Aside from plants, lighting and jewelry also enhance your home.

Earle27
4th October 2011, 06:58 PM
Interior decoration is art of making your home look beautiful, unique and a part of your personality. It is not easy to do something that just looks awesome but also makes you feel happy and content about what u got into. There are millions and trillions of things of home decorations items that are available in the market and you can use them the way you want to. The list is endless and it depends on you what you choose to pick but no matter what you pick it must represent you, it must say something about you and your home. For example if you are a nature lover or loves open spaces or simply in love with greenery and just would proudly show it to others than house plants can be good item for your household or office.
So I am planning to introduce some fresh flowers/indoor plants/balcony garden etc to my home. I did start with sunflower seeds and tulsi plant in balcony. But their growth rate demotivates me! Moreover, among the 10 or 11sunflower seeds i sowed in pots, only 1 has lived through. I am now in search of easy-maintenances and easy-growing, fast-flowering plants and tropical plants (http://www.gardeningclan.com/10-tropical-plants-indoors.html). How to grow them... Any tips??

Jason
13th October 2011, 03:43 PM
Having indoor plants improve the look of your house, improve the air quality, soothing for the mind. Some plants are actually able to help clean the air in your home, creating a healthier environment! :)

So what plants do you suggest?

Well, to be honest, I read a lot of articles saying that plants improve one's living condition and grant a healthier environment for everybody - which sounds actually quite logical since plants are in general important to the development of our planet's flora and fauna.

For our own four walls we have ordered a lot of plants online because they were delivered straight to our home and we did not have to care about transporting them on our own and so we now have a lot of different plants for every room - it is like a motto home. The living room for example has a beautiful Guzmania decorating the room while our bedroom holds a basket of mixed roses in white and soft pink fitting to the metal frames of our bed. :)

I think when it comes to indoor plants the important thing is to chose those that fit perfectly into a certain room because of a color detail or because of their shapes. They should give the final polish to one's rooms.

irng
14th October 2011, 08:31 AM
you mean you have REAL rose on your bed frame? how do they survive, rose wither fast.

also i don't suggest plants in the room, it migh have pest problems.

happylalapo
14th October 2011, 04:47 PM
I think plant can be added to not just a home, office too is nice.

This is at a corner of my office and the plant makes me feel relax .... and whenever I see the plant it put a smile on my face.

hazel
27th October 2011, 06:02 PM
i love plants or basically i like nature and greeneries. especially after a hard day work, i always like to be in touch with the nature

manuilenin
4th November 2011, 04:37 PM
I would suggest chrysanthemum which is well known as a decorative flower and very effective at improving home’s air quality. The soil and roots of indoor plants have been found to play an integral role in removing air-borne pollutants also. The micro-organisms in the soil use trace amounts of pollutants as a food source. English ivy, spider plant. golden pothos, peace lily are few of the house plants that serve this purpose.[/URL][URL="http://www.vanbrouck.com/"]
(http://www.vanbrouck.com/)

bluee
2nd December 2011, 12:40 AM
So according to me i will give you the suggestion of Lilly, really have the awesome look and in my housing i am displaying to these Lilly

happylalapo
2nd December 2011, 02:20 AM
So according to me i will give you the suggestion of Lilly, really have the awesome look and in my housing i am displaying to these Lilly

lilly - my experience with lilies are they give out nice scent and cheer up the room. Particular nice if the house or apartment is spacious and have higher ceilings.

fellascarpet
30th December 2011, 02:56 PM
Money Plant: If you are interested in removing volatile organic compounds from the air (VOCs), you can use the money plant to do so. It acts a filter that can remove VOCs like formaldehyde out of the air, improving air quality.
You are right dear, in my house we had planted two money plants. money plants are good for home decoration....

evel
3rd January 2012, 05:10 PM
i think orchid is nice too..

my neighbour planted grapes and the walk way and it actually does grow grapes but small ones though not sure sweet boh.

jamiyhaley
15th May 2012, 06:22 PM
Yes I agree that's why few household also put some plant insider their home but they already put in a pot. Aside from plants, lighting and jewelry also enhance your home.

I absolutely agree with you corner of the bedroom needed softening and the use of live plant in your house will communicate genuine warmth and friendliness and will soften. So I always use natural plant for my home decoration. It is very positive effect on home environment.