PDA

View Full Version : Yusheng!

huey
25th January 2008, 04:48 PM
Hey any good lobang for Lo hei??? best if it cheap too! hee.. last time i eat at Chinatown hawker only $16...enuff for 4 pp. good. but taste so so oni.

irng
28th January 2008, 01:18 PM
i'm not really a foodie but our office is organising a lo hei session at G7 Sinma Live Seafood restaurant. 9 course dinner (includes yu sheng) at $298. i suppose it should be good as my colleagues are food lovers and they really know where to get value for money good food.

euphoria
28th January 2008, 02:42 PM
look no further...

latest issue of Cocoon already says it all !
I thought of checking out the seng eng kee (donno spelling correct) at alexandra village (heard from colleagues that is good !)

Good value for money ! :p

Super Galie
29th January 2008, 11:25 AM
Hi Euphoria,

thanks for promoting Cocoon !

This issue of Cocoon, under the tastebuds section, there is an article feature on yusheng which might interest you gals! For the budget conscious, we covered a neighbourhoood restaurant, and for the deeper pocketed, there are 4star hotel restaurants...

Do check it out when you are free !

SG

huey
29th January 2008, 02:10 PM
Hello euphoria...is it keng eng kee at the alexandra village? not seng eng kee la...ahahah. Ya, eat there before...the food is very nice, got standard. especially the fish. yummy! nv know they got lo hei also. think i'll try this time.

irng
29th January 2008, 03:25 PM
wow wow wow.... all the good food recommendations. any more places?

ling
13th February 2008, 05:46 PM
Hello euphoria...is it keng eng kee at the alexandra village? not seng eng kee la...ahahah. Ya, eat there before...the food is very nice, got standard. especially the fish. yummy! nv know they got lo hei also. think i'll try this time.

Me & my frens went there for the yusheng... was quite ordinary. But yes, the standard of the other dishes there are generally above average. reasonable in price too!

irng
14th February 2008, 11:09 AM
yesterday was chu qi (seventh day of lunar new year) and also the official birthday of all human beings (ren ri). many people take this occasion for family gathering and lou hei.

likewise for my family, i went back to mom's home for dinner after work and together with my brother and his family we had our lou hei session.

i feel that the best yu sheng is still the one you make it personally. the yu sheng i mom prepared was delicious. she bought the basic yusheng pack from supermarket and added shredded apple, carrot, and most important of all - lots of smoked salmon (yummy).

you see when you prepared it at home, you can add all the delicious things you like and it's still not as expensive compared to those outside.

so remember where's the best place eat yusheng? my answer - your home sweet home -

yakinikuku
22nd February 2008, 10:48 AM
hi guys,

went to this place for yuang xiao dinner with family....omg! their yusheng is best man! They used lots of sesame seed, salmon and one interesting ingredient is orange peel , which adds a very tangy taste to it! Very tasty ! And best it cost less than $25. (can't remember how much cos my dad pay lah).... Check it out NEXT YEAR ! hahaha

Most important thing is location. It is at the hdb block behind Heartland mall (Kovan mrt). Exact address dont remember but i can guide direction ....Walking from MRT, you walk straight to see hawker, turn left and walk all the way till you see CK department (if you walk straight you see Mac..then you are on wrong direction). Walk further till you see OCBC bank. Before OCBC, you will see some steps up, so turn right and walk up the steps and you will see a 'kopitiam'. Before you see kopitiam, you will see a traditional bakery, then you on the right track! There is a TZE CHAR stall in the kopitiam... Besides yusheng, their FISH HEAD STEAMBOAT (YU TOU LU) is also good ! Not forgetting their signature fried toufu with minced meat sauce. If I am not wrong their toufu is home made, got some spinach in the toufu....OIISHI !!!

good things must share !!! hahahah enjoy ! ;)