PDA

View Full Version : Blood donors needed

Hellokitty
19th August 2011, 09:45 AM
SINGAPORE - The Singapore Red Cross (SRC) and the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) are calling on O and A blood donors to come forward to donate blood within this week and the next.

In a statement, both agencies said the recent increased hospital utilisation caused by several bleeding emergencies, and reduced support for corporate bloodmobiles due to the fasting month, have resulted in a slow recovery of the daily blood supply.

In view of the upcoming long weekend, SRC and HSA plan to ramp up the current blood stocks to meet the daily transfusion needs of patients as well as for bleeding emergencies.

In Singapore, more than 350 units are needed daily to meet the transfusion needs of patients in hospitals.

All healthy individuals aged between 16 and 60 years, weighing at least 45kg, can donate.

Donors who have not made a donation in the past 12 weeks are encouraged to donate as well.

Blood donations can be made at Bloodbank@HSA, at 11 Outram Road, opposite the Outram Park MRT Station or the Bloodbank@Woodlands, at 900 South Woodlands Drive, Woodlands Civic Centre, #05-07.

Jason
5th October 2011, 07:23 PM
Thank you for you alert to donate blood. I may not frequent the location you mentioned but I am used to donate blood on a regular basis. Thank you as well for your conviction and your involvement - I really appreciate those kind of activities.