PDA

View Full Version : Water Heater Energy Savings

McMuffin
12th February 2008, 09:31 PM
Can anyone tell me whether it's more energy efficient to switch on and off your water heater or to just leave it on?

JuJu
13th February 2008, 10:21 AM
well i'm not too sure but i always have the habbit of switching off my appliances when not using, for safety reasons and also costing savings (i presume). i ever heard that even when you did not turn on the appliances, the power still runs if the main swtich is not turn off. this would means bills are also running but minimal. also many times, you see fire in house, i believed this is due to short circuit which is resulted to overheating of plug. my dad always asked me to turn off the switch to the heater after using it as by turning it on would means the water will keep boiling and thus over heating and result in short circuit.

the above might be a myth, i'm not sure but better be safe, after all no harm turning the main switch.

happylalapo
18th February 2008, 05:19 PM
i have tried it before and it is cost effective to switch off when not using however, the water heater will get spoil easily due to the switching on and off.
:)

JuJu
19th February 2008, 01:59 PM
not sure about the heater getting spoilt easily... but i always have the habit to turn off and all my electrical appliances are durable and last for decade.