PDA

View Full Version : Stamp Duty

lion
12th December 2011, 05:46 PM
is there a difference in the stamp duty rate with a singaporean and a foreigner when buying a property.

fellascarpet
30th December 2011, 02:09 PM
is there a difference in the stamp duty rate with a singaporean and a foreigner when buying a property.
May be. i m not sure about it. because i m Indian that's why i can't help it...

JustinB
20th February 2012, 03:04 PM

I think definitely there will be a difference in stamp duty for a foreigner as compared to Singapore citizen..!!

HalcyonVI
20th February 2012, 03:36 PM
It was the same until the government's new measures a few months back. Foreigners now have to pay an additional stamp duty of 10% on top of the original tiered 3% (1st $180,000 at 1%, next $180,000 at 2%, above $360,000 at 3%).

happylalapo
2nd March 2012, 06:53 PM
As a guide Stamp Duty calculation has a formula, assuming property purchase is above $360,000, the formulae is

3% of the purchase price less $5400

As a Singaporean:

if you buy your 1st and 2nd property - stamp duty will be base on the above formulae.
if you buy your 3rd property - stamp duty will be base on the above formula plus 3%.

As a PR:
if you buy your first property - stamp duty will be base on the above formulae.
if you buy your second property - stamp duty will be base on the above formulae plus 3%.

As a foreigner :
if you buy your first property or any no - stamp duty will be base on the above formulae plus 10%

mhhouse
4th March 2012, 02:56 PM
You can also use this calculator to calculate your stamp fees

http://www.myhousingloan.com.sg/housing-loan-resources/housing-loan-stamp-fee-calculator.php