PDA

View Full Version : Glass Dining Table

Curry Chicken
12th February 2012, 06:41 PM
Hi all! I'm looking to buy a new dining table and am considering a glass table. My current one is made from wood and it's time for a change. Is there any thing that I should be aware of for glass tables?

McMuffin
13th February 2012, 03:24 PM
Hihi Curry Chicken! How's it going? You have to make sure that the glass dining table is heat and scratch resistant. I have a tempered glass dining table and only after we bought it, did we realise that it scratches quite easily :(

vincehu564
17th February 2012, 10:41 AM
A little advice for you... Base material - Although the top of your dinning table is glass, there are different materials you can choose for the base of the table, such as aluminum, wood, metal, steel, marble and wrought iron. :joyous:

Curry Chicken
20th February 2012, 03:14 PM
Thanks guys. It's been quite a while, muffin man! Working too hard :miserable:

vincehu, can advise on the pros and cons for the base material?

Ah Boy
22nd February 2012, 07:05 PM
Feel free to add to list =)

Glass table top pros
1) easy to clean

Glass table top cons
1) leave finger prints
2) easier to scratch
3) must make sure heat and shatter proof

Wooden table top pros
1) not easy to break

Wooden table top cons
1) can stain (may have to use coasters)

mhhouse
24th February 2012, 02:45 PM
Nice list ah boy! Added to it.

Glass table top pros
1) easy to clean

Glass table top cons
1) leave finger prints
2) easier to scratch

Wooden table top pros
1) not easy to break

Wooden table top cons
2) solid wood may warp over time while wood veneer can also peel off, especially at the edges

Curry Chicken
25th February 2012, 06:17 PM
This is fantastic!

Glass table top pros
1) easy to clean

Glass table top cons
1) leave finger prints
2) easier to scratch
4) for transparent glass tops, the table legs better be nice! people sitting at the table should have nice legs too
5) glass table tops attract dust

Wooden table top pros
1) not easy to break

Wooden table top cons
2) solid wood may warp over time while wood veneer can also peel off, especially at the edges

McMuffin
10th March 2012, 03:41 PM
4) for transparent glass tops, the table legs better be nice! people sitting at the table should have nice legs too

You cracked me up :highly_amused:

jamiyhaley
29th May 2012, 07:14 PM
This is fantastic!

Glass table top pros
1) easy to clean

Glass table top cons
1) leave finger prints
2) easier to scratch
5) glass table tops attract dust

Wooden table top pros
1) not easy to break

Wooden table top cons

Ya it is such a very nice and absolutely right information. I agree with this all advantages and disadvantages. Thanks for sharing this fantastic post.

Besthihomedecor
19th June 2012, 06:20 PM
I agree with this all advantages and disadvantages. Thanks for sharing this fantastic post.

kynastonlaird
20th August 2012, 05:16 PM
Dinning table is increase beauty of house. There are many type of dinning table available in markets. Here I get such nice details about glass dinning table. Its very useful information when we purchase this type of dinning table for my home.

joseph008
20th December 2012, 03:02 PM
I agree with you curry chicken. Glass dining table sets have a versatile quality that can enhance your dining experience, as well as being an investment that can be enjoyed for many years to come.

Aalia Nebhan
11th February 2013, 08:17 PM
There are a lot of pictures and videos of glass dining tables you can look at in many websites. There you will see all kinds which includes small compact rectangular black or red glass tables with chrome steel base; round Asian inspired table with crackled glass, The option and choices are unlimited and can be very difficult.