PDA

View Full Version : PL Lights or LED Lights

McMuffin
13th February 2012, 04:09 PM
Hihi, can anyone advise on the pros and cons of PL vs LED lights?

mhhouse
16th February 2012, 09:21 PM
LED lights are more energy efficient than PL Lights and also more expensive. But prices for LED lights have actually fallen quite a bit the past few years so my vote goes to LED lights if it is used often :loyal:

Curry Chicken
20th February 2012, 03:31 PM
Just to confuse things a bit. How about getting a PL LED light?? :beaten:

wendychia
21st February 2012, 04:22 PM
Any recommendation where i can get cheap LED lights??

Ah Boy
22nd February 2012, 05:25 PM
Led light price is more ex but super lasting. Normal light lasts 1, 2 years but led supposed to last 20 years!! I installed for coming 2 years liao. Also have some savings in electricity bill. Anyway, so far sooo good! Led power lah :cool:

mhhouse
28th February 2012, 03:54 PM
Found this interesting study that was published on the Wall Street Journal Dec 2011

McMuffin
10th March 2012, 03:51 PM
Thanks everyone for the input!

Any recommendation where i can get cheap LED lights??

If you are engaging a renovation contractor, he should have access to cheap sources. Else, you can try sim lim tower or balestier road stretch :)

LamontHetland
24th April 2012, 11:12 AM
i put leds under my car all you have to do is run the main power wire from you battery to a switch and then to the flexible led strip lighting just make sure that you turn off the switch when you dont want them on there is also a website called led outdoor lighting fixtures they have help forums that will have wiring drawings on them toomini led light bars