PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone still wants old HDB?

cookies
3rd March 2008, 09:50 AM
the current flat that my parents are staying is coming close to 40 years? will there still be demand for such old property? how much do you think one can fetch for a 3 room flat at Bukit Merah?

lion
3rd March 2008, 01:37 PM
Hi cookies,

Usually flat start to lost their value more quickly when they cross 30years. However, some estate are so popular that even those 30-40 years flat are still selling at crazy prices. The older the flat, the higher chances it will get en-bloc since Singapore is constantly on renewal. But it does not guarantee it will be anytime soon. Much also depends on the location, the surrounding, and how much land area it can yield.

If you are the lucky one that your parent's old flat got redevelop, you will not only get a new flat at better prices, what I understand it will not count as 1 chance of getting direct HDB flat since you are in a way 'force' to move.

My five cents worth.

Hear the Lion Roar...

irng
3rd March 2008, 02:01 PM
the current flat that my parents are staying is coming close to 40 years? will there still be demand for such old property? how much do you think one can fetch for a 3 room flat at Bukit Merah?

HDB flat will never be standing for the full 99 years. The price of the flat is determined by many factors and the remaining lease is only one of them. A key factor to determine the valuation price is the comparison of the surrounding flats' transacted prices + currently-selling prices.

doraemon1234
3rd March 2008, 02:17 PM
Flip papers and check for unit for sales around your area, similar flooring and floor size. That will give you an idea on the value. Else, pose as buyer and call up property agent.... ask for estimated price.... heheee

Old flat got tendency to be enbloc, which might benefit you ...of course likelihood of being enblock largely depends on your location lah ... Bukit merah sounds like high chance leh ....

Another thought... Hahahaa .... Unless you happen to be one of the 25000 who qualify for the HDB lease buyback scheme. Scheme allows flatowners to sell back a portion of their lease. Not likely huh UNLESS you (flatowner) happen to be older than 62 years old and own a two- or three-room unit and who have had only one HDB subsidy? for those donno what I talking about .... it's time to hit the papers ! Click here! (http://news.asiaone.com/News/The+Straits+Times/Story/25%252C000+may+gain+under+HDB+lease+buyback+scheme .html)