PDA

View Full Version : Can HDB property owner buys a private property for investment?

happylalapo
6th March 2012, 10:42 PM
I have been asked this question by many friends. The answer is yes, you can provided you have fulfilled the minimum stay requirement by HDB.

Ah Boy
27th March 2012, 02:38 PM
happylalapo! you mean i got $$$ and nvr fulfill minimum stay requirement, i cannot buy private? why and what's the minimum stay requirement??

happylalapo
10th May 2012, 06:20 PM
Yes, if you own a HDB and you have not fulfill the minimum stay requirement, you will not beable to buy a private property for investment.

That is if you buy a direct HDB from HDB and you are required to have a minimum stay of five years, you can only buy a private for investment after you have stayed in your HDB for more than five years.

What is MOP (Minimum Occupation Period) for resale flat bought from the open market?

MOP applicable
Resale Application Received Date Before 5 March 2010
(includes owners owning their resale flat as at this date)
2½ years from effective date of resale if the owner takes a loan from HDB
1 year from the effective date of resale if:
i. the owner has not taken a loan from HDB; or
ii. he has taken a loan from the bank/financial institution to finance the purchase
Resale Application Received Date 5 March 2010 - 29 August 2010
3 years from effective date of resale, regardless of the type of loan taken by the owners or loan status
Resale Application Received Date On or after 30 August 2010
5 years from effective date of resale, regardless of the type of loan taken by the owners or loan status

hoclara
14th May 2012, 10:49 PM
I think the Government wants to discourage people from speculating in HDB, which is why the MOP is lengthened. Not that it's of much use! HDB prices continue to defy gravity. They should just lengthen the MOP to 30 years...

nickycboy
17th May 2012, 10:05 PM
I think the Government wants to discourage people from speculating in HDB, which is why the MOP is lengthened. Not that it's of much use! HDB prices continue to defy gravity. They should just lengthen the MOP to 30 years...

Lol, I agree!!

happylalapo
21st May 2012, 08:43 PM
I would like to add this, for those who cannot buy a private residential property as they have not fulfill the minimum occupation period, they can look into buying a commercial property or industrial property.