PDA

View Full Version : Agent that does not Deserve Commission

evel
3rd March 2008, 01:16 PM
my colleague shared with me this problem about her agent. she feels that her agent does not deserve the commission due to his poor attitude. she has lodged complaint to the agent's company and is still waiting for their reply.

below is the problem of the agent:

1. promise alot of buyers but only bring 6 during a month
2. buyers were brought in by other agents from his team. no sight of him
3. bring buyer to view flat without fixing appointment with owner
4. did not give owner's feedback for each visit from buyer
5. reject buyer's offer without firat discussing with owner
6. leave the selling of the flat to owner
7. bring along their girlfriend or children for viewing
8. told agent to write appeal letter to HDB but did not do so
9. agent did not advise the forms to submit for contra of new flat

evel

cookies
3rd March 2008, 01:54 PM
The key issue is that the sale that your colleague finally made, was it with a buyer that the agent or his team brought?

Although they have signed exclusive agency with the agent, they can terminate that arrangement when they find that the agent's service is unreasonable bad. If they had not terminated it before the sale, and the buyer was brought by that agent, then its very hard not to pay the commission to that agent as theyhad signed the black and white.

At the end of the day, the basis of the commission comes from whether the agent brings the buyers to you and that the transaction was done successfully. If these two components are fulfilled, the rest of the other services are usually not important.

evel
10th April 2008, 04:58 PM
Hi cookies,

Thanks for the advise. The case is still pending as they ahve filed a complaint.

Nowadays agents can be truly unethetical just to get the deal closed. I have recently heard another case where 2 agents from 2 different agencies make the buyer into beliving she has to pay commission for both sides where the truth is she only needs to pay her own agent. She claimed that she was being forced to sign on both commission form. hmmmm......

evel

cookies
10th April 2008, 05:44 PM
you are most welcome evel.

Its possible to discharge the agent if s/he had not performed the full duties. Write in to the company and HDB to request for the agent to be discharged. Keep the black & white reply in case the agent sue you next time.

evel
14th April 2008, 09:16 AM
Hi Cookies,

IEA has just replied my colleague on the complaint. They said they are unable to take action as the agent is not an IEA member. They suggested that this case to be pursued under the Penal Code.

My colleagues are really stressed up now.

Evel.

cookies
14th April 2008, 07:46 PM
oh no, that's really bad. this is purely a cheating case and no authorities can persue this matter. I think your colleague should seek legal advice and persue this matter all the way. try writing to the press. this should be make public so new home owners can take precaution. These people prey on our lack of understanding of the property law to take advantage of us.