PDA

View Full Version : Closure in Relationship..?

elizahern99
30th March 2012, 05:03 AM
How do you get over a past relationship with no closure? Does closure even exist?

I guess to get an answer for my question you have to know my situation. It started out when I was 14 years old I got "engaged" to my cousin who was 19 , basically our families just read surat al faitha . I was not forced into it but at the same time I did not really have an option ,if that makes any sense.Anyways, at the time we lived in different countries he went back to the US ,and we started just chatting ,talking on phone, exchanging gifts for about two years.Then,afterwards I moved to the US so we can do an official engagement ,during first two weeks something major happened between our families and we broke up ,it happened so fast I just remember my mom asking for all gifts he gave me so she can return it to him and that I should delete him from my msn and life! I did so.After that, I never really saw him or heard from him ,until few days ago I saw him at engagement party ,we said hi to each other he gave me this confused/excited look the whole night it was awkward because our eyes kept meeting ,but for me seeing him bought so much memories and emotions back I am almost 20 now and I am happily engaged .The thing is, I'm over it, I'm done with him, but how do I get closure from this entire ordeal? My current fiance doesn't even know about this none of my friends either so I never talked to anybody about it my family wants to pretend like nothing happened. I feel like its something that happened in the past and I try not think about it or him..but it obviously still affects me

McMuffin
30th March 2012, 04:30 PM
It's quite natural for your feelings to be awakened when you meet again after so long. Especially when the break-up is not consensual and happened so suddenly. It must be hard not being able to share with your friends and family about this... hope you are coping. Stay strong and take care of yourself k.

Curry Chicken
6th April 2012, 08:30 PM
A wise friend once told me to have

the courage to change things that can be changed
the serenity to accept things that cannot be
and the wisdom to differentiate between

Here's wishing you the same.