PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerator magnets

xinxin
25th May 2012, 05:22 PM
Hihi...! Need some advice on refrigerator magnets.

My mum told me to remove magnets from the refrigerator as her friend told her that magnets increase the energy consumption of the refrigerator due to induction. Is it true?

Ah Boy
28th May 2012, 10:21 AM
Wah, nvr hear before got such thing! Don't think will affect lah. Fridge door also got magnet wat :cool:

Hellokitty
28th May 2012, 10:56 PM
Refrigerator magnet is not strong enough to affect the motor and the motor is mounted far enough from the outside of the door. So it will not increase the energy consumption! :)

briecheese44
12th June 2012, 03:59 PM
Phew... Luckily it doesn't affect, I love collecting refrigerator magnets and stick all over the fridge..! :highly_amused:

I will show you some of my magnets.. and some of them contain useful information which I think most household will have it too.. hehe

Do you have any nice & cute magnets to share with us?

jimmy1978
28th June 2012, 06:23 PM
huh really meh? my fridge got a lot magnets leh.

Regent45
14th June 2013, 02:06 PM
Thanks you!! What about the payment schedule theRefrigerator . I'm curious about the working of that wonder invention.

corbingravely
25th November 2013, 01:49 PM
I have never heard anything like that before. But I know this that if the magnets are removed you will not get the right amount of cooling. As the heat emission in the external unit of the refrigerator will not be at its full potential.

Shelbyville23
15th March 2020, 06:10 AM
whoa, what a crazy thought. I'm glad that it sounds like it's not an issue. I was almost thinking that it would be the end to refrigerator magnets as we know them all over the world. I'm thinking that maybe if you had a really really powerful one, it might have some effect. My little plastic puppy magnets look so innocent, I can't imagine them being a problem.

goldenglit
7th April 2020, 01:38 PM
Magdents don't increase electricity consumption! My only problem with magnets if it is too much and really heavy so that may add to the weight capacity of your fridge.