PDA

View Full Version : How To Make Your Home Look Bigger?

yakinikuku
12th June 2012, 01:38 AM
I need some advice on making my house look bigger... What are the things that I can do to make it feel more spacious, less cramped? :confused:

Home Decor Fanatic
12th June 2012, 10:28 AM
Furniture can take up a lot of space. Use multifunction furniture which can be kept away when you don’t need them.

Take a look at this article, hope it will give you an idea what you can do to your house. :cool:

http://thehomelook.blogspot.sg/2012/06/saving-space-at-home-some-ideas.html

Interior Designer
12th June 2012, 12:32 PM
Color is also another factor, white or neutral colors can brighten up your house making it appear to be bigger.

Besthihomedecor
15th June 2012, 06:24 PM
You can get some idea home decor that can save many space!

McMuffin
20th June 2012, 02:58 PM
I read somewhere about having a slight gradient to your wall colours, slighly darker at the bottom and lighter towards the top. Sounds like a good idea but I think you'll need a master painter to execute this :)

loveboa
3rd July 2012, 10:29 AM
Mirror can make you house bright and looks bigger~

super gal
5th July 2012, 10:28 AM
Mirror can make you house bright and looks bigger~

Agree! I love mirrors:highly_amused:

You can also try using light, cool colors to make a space feel open and airy.

kynastonlaird
5th July 2012, 08:16 PM
Agree! I love mirrors:highly_amused:

You can also try using light, cool colors to make a space feel open and airy.

I defiantly agree with you !! Mirror is best way to home become more bigger and bright as well as when we use light colour on wall and Its look too beautiful and big home. As well as many time we can take decision of interior designer person.

sorellehome
11th July 2012, 06:39 PM
By using proper lightening system and having good color will give your home a bigger look. I think you should apply some light color on your wall.

terencet4n
7th September 2012, 05:21 PM
Have you guys seen this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg9qnWg9kak

Hellokitty
7th September 2012, 05:39 PM
Yeap! Watched this video posted by The Home Look - http://thehomelook.blogspot.sg/2011/05/this-is-amazing-lets-watch-how-gary.html

This apartment is superb!

huntchloe
8th September 2012, 01:10 PM
Adhere to fairly neutral shades. There is no miracle shade that makes your room look larger. It's often thought that black shades will make your space seem small. Some like the comfortable impact it makes, almost like living inside a pride box. Neutral shades almost makes the surfaces seem like they are higher because they aren't loud in your face.

susandixon
9th October 2012, 07:12 PM
Using the right colors is important to avoid having the house seem much smaller than it actually is. By selecting the ideal color and using the right accent colors, you can make the house appear larger.

AlizaHills
22nd January 2013, 10:48 AM
Don't overdo with furnitures and decorations. Just use only those that is really appropriate for your place and eliminate those you don't really need in your place. The color of your walls has something to do with it as well.

Sandara
22nd January 2013, 03:37 PM
Space saving cabinets will help too,. it is just a matter of tips and trick to maximize you space and live in your place with no limit. :)

LucyLinSmith
5th February 2014, 11:56 AM
Color and furniture are factors also affect in attaining larger space. Furniture that really needed and are useful should be one prior to improves the space.