PDA

View Full Version : nice painting

mcpqueen
15th April 2008, 11:37 PM
any idea where to get new paintings.... oil paintings?

happylalapo
19th May 2008, 06:19 PM
hey, MCPQueen

I saw some nice painting at Great World and Stamford house..... check them out. Maybe can find something you liket here.

gloriajean
14th July 2008, 03:35 PM
hi MCPqueen,

do you travel to BKK? They hv plenty of cheap and good artworks done by local artists...

If you are a supporter of local art scene and dun want to burn yr pocket. why not try to buy some student's work... lasalle and nafa has their graduation show around July - Aug I think... some of them do sell their precious masterpiece. I think it'll be encouraging if pp approach them for sale. =) Well, i would if any1 bought mine at my graduation show...

don enemy
14th July 2008, 04:19 PM
I wonder, if we just walk in to arts school such as NAFA or LASELLE, ask to buy their students work, would that be possible. students' work sure sell much cheaper than professional artists' work.

mcpqueen
14th July 2008, 04:52 PM
Gloriajean,

BKK - you refer to Bangkok? i heard about chatuchak if that is where you refer to.

local art - will check this out. seems interesting.

thanks.

gloriajean
14th July 2008, 04:53 PM
hi don enemy,

what i meant is their graduation show... sort of an exhibition of the graduates' work. interested party can just approach the staff or student (if it's the opening nite the artists will be there) for possible purchase.

Normal days, I guess you can approach the admin office for any commission work or ready work.

mcpqueen
7th December 2008, 07:09 PM
The other day I went to People's Park Complex - where the travels agents are located.

On the ground level there is a chinese man selling oil painting- pretty reasonable price - must say it is cheap - only from $28 per piece.

myong406
4th January 2010, 12:21 PM
Gloriajean,

BKK - you refer to Bangkok? i heard about chatuchak if that is where you refer to.

local art - will check this out. seems interesting.

thanks.

that place is what everyone else says about it. u can get loads of oil paintings over there i just returned from there over the weekend. go check it out. its fantastic if u love shopping. its only opened on weekends though