PDA

View Full Version : Invest in Properties

irng
12th May 2008, 02:24 PM
Is it a good time to invest in properties now?

I believe there is an oversupply of properties right now. Interest rates are rising faster than property rates and moreover properties now come with relatively higher maintenance charges compared to the old times.

Property investment is no longer a safe investment.

:(

McMuffin
12th May 2008, 03:52 PM
If it's for speculation, now is definitely a jittery period. However, from an investor's point of view, there are still bargains to be found. So as long as the price is right, now is as good a time as any.

lion
21st May 2008, 05:31 PM
it's difficult to achieve an ROI of 5% in the Singapore market at this present time.

I do have an ex-colleague who purchased an older 99-lease hold private apartment CBD and is renting it for > $3000 / mth. As they were older leasehold and a tenant does not care about the market value of a leasehold (ie., tenant makes no diff whether it is freehold or leasehold).
my ex-colleague is pretty happy as he managed to buy low (relatively) compared to rental income but He had to reno the place though to command that rental sum.

irng
22nd May 2008, 05:59 PM
Property boom in US! Pity not here.

cookies
23rd May 2008, 10:30 AM
actually there's a property boom almost everywhere else in the world, besides singapore....hahaha....

lion
24th May 2008, 09:10 AM
Well... hope singapore will recover in the next few years. i think many people holding on as the bought during the peak.

the lion is tired....

irng
27th June 2008, 11:59 AM
i saw high end properties start to drop. how about the mid range?

bookworm
10th July 2008, 06:38 PM
my friend just bought an apartment in Hongkong - a studio apartment for S$1.5m and got it rented at S$9000 per month - return is like 7-8%.

No wonder Hong Kong people stop buying in Singapore liao - better investment in Hong Kong.:confused:

cannot understand how come Singapore rental return so low only 3-4 %

mcpqueen
10th July 2008, 07:02 PM
market for HDB housing is still on the upward trend. Private property, this maybe the best time to start looking to buy?? anyone has inside to share about this?

lion
11th July 2008, 09:50 AM
it is confirmed that shares market in bearish now. therefore i believe it will affect property market as well. it's not a good time to do any kind of investment right now. proceed with care..

the lion is very careful now....

Passionate
18th November 2008, 03:58 PM
This may be a good time to start looking around and feeling the market. It looks hmmm.... more downwards but would not like to comment too much on that but factually Sellers are getting more accomodative.

This market is an Investors Dream. Falling market wait for opportunist buy & Rising market time yourself for the Sale. However, the Singapore Market has not fallen significantly for the Landed Property Market although there are still some decent buys out there.

Would really like to see the market six months down the road.

Either way, as an Investor a falling market puts you in the right shoe to prepare for the timely purchase - then create value for the property ie beautify it, redevelop it, stay in it, rent it out ....... and wait to let it loose when the market turns and meets your target price.

For Long Term Investors - Historically freehold property twenty years ago and the prices they command today says it all.

irng
19th November 2008, 09:26 AM
yes, i do agree now it's the time to start looking around but the problem is the demand is relatively low, everyone is playing the wait and see attitude. only those who need cash urgently are willing to let go at this current market. if there is no demand, how to invest?

Passionate
19th November 2008, 01:10 PM
As an Investor, there are some questions you would ask yourself - What would be, your feel of the purchasing value of the S$ in the ten years time? Would we be out of todays Financial Turmoil? Would our expenses be more than it is today? Would property be more expensive than what it is today? Then make an informed decision as to when is the right time to get in.

Btw are we really going to have 6.5 million people in Singapore?

One of the differences between an Investor and Speculator is that the former is Longer Term and the latter is short term or Flipper. I strongly believe that this may not be the best time to consider Flipping, my personal opinion.

As an Investor the options are safer to buy, hold and create more value with your property or rent it out to help defray or sometimes even have a positive cash flow.

Bearing all this in mind, the market seems softer, just time your purchase.

McMuffin
28th November 2008, 07:33 PM
yes, i do agree now it's the time to start looking around but the problem is the demand is relatively low, everyone is playing the wait and see attitude. only those who need cash urgently are willing to let go at this current market. if there is no demand, how to invest?

You mean no supply right :confused:

kwee34
21st December 2009, 10:48 AM
Property boom in US! Pity not here.

go get properties in the US. u can buy them even when you're here... im sure u can make some profits out of that..

irng
22nd December 2009, 08:04 AM
not too sure about us market leh if not i sure invest

kwee34
22nd December 2009, 10:17 AM
not too sure about us market leh if not i sure invest

should go google it and find out more about US properties. but im certain that the property markets in UK and India are doing well. go check out profitable plots

ashmakton
24th December 2009, 11:34 AM
a property investor should have a similar investment horizon to ride out any market vagaries so as to best enjoy rental and capital appreciation over time. Empirical evidence has shown that the longer the investment horizon, the greater the likelihood of making a profit, and higher profits at that.

myong406
29th December 2009, 10:50 AM
now is totally the right time to get into property. prices are rising fast and i think that they'll keep going up for awhile for some reason...if possible, buy if not, sell or rent

fwong93
11th January 2010, 11:59 AM
what is the best way to start off in the property market? i feel that if i go into property, i can make good money. any tips?

irng
19th March 2010, 01:07 PM
i'm not sure about us market. but i do have some properties in sg where i rent out.

fellascarpet
30th December 2011, 02:45 PM
Is it a good time to invest in properties now?

I believe there is an oversupply of properties right now. Interest rates are rising faster than property rates and moreover properties now come with relatively higher maintenance charges compared to the old times.

Property investment is no longer a safe investment.

:(
Awesome post dear. your thinking is right . i completely agree with you....

happylalapo
27th January 2012, 02:20 PM
Is it time to buy Property? When is good time with all the new measures that were implemented, is the market coming down?

McMuffin
30th January 2012, 05:46 PM
Hi happylalapo, haven't seen you for quite a while! I think everyone is waiting and seeing nowadays. Property prices do seem to be starting to drop in some areas. :greedy_dollars:

kynastonlaird
6th July 2012, 04:59 PM
Buying a home and property is a way of investing directly in property. I think invest in property is great use of money. Due to this we can easily know about markets trade, earn more money in future because of property value increase day by day.

dws123
14th August 2012, 08:22 PM
Yes you are right.In USA property field is booming. So its a good time to invest in property .And you can also buy a property for future purpose.Property management tucson az is the service provider and they are the best for property field.SO you can take this service provider service and get benefit for booming industry.