PDA

View Full Version : utility bill

happylalapo
14th May 2008, 07:45 PM
Hi, can someone give me some ideas how to safe on uitlity bill. My bill has increase from 280 to 402 this month.

cookies
15th May 2008, 09:07 AM
wow that's almost double. now govt is encouraging the nation to go green and reduce utility seems like it's not working on you. when the basic are switching from aircon to fan that can really help alot. turn off all power point when no in use. recycle your the water that you use for laundry for flushing the toilet. actually there are many ways u just have to monitor your daily home activites and be more creative and you will sure find ways to save on your utilities.

thesedays, inflation went up so much, we must really watch our spending. to be frank i now try to go out lesser, try not to eat out. it's so expensive these days. petrol, food leisure all go up. haiyaaa.....

mcpqueen
17th May 2008, 06:36 PM
best way to save electricity.... to switch off electricity to water heater after use, all power point not using to switch off, remember standby mode electricity still running.

happylalapo
14th October 2008, 05:24 PM
very sad that power supply bill is constantly increasing.

I am really upset that there is an increase of another 21%.

witty cat
2nd November 2008, 11:59 PM
meow! meow!

My mummy has a brilliant idea - turn on air-con on timer only for 3 to 4 hours and start when we are going to bed.

she says we will be sound asleep after 3 to 4 hours and our body temperature will be down considerably and air-con is not required after that.

meow! meow! - witty cat thinks mummy is smart.

Babyrie
6th November 2008, 04:47 PM
Witty cat

Sorry to say this, I think that your mum is as cat as you (translate in chinese)
:p

Ha! Ha!

little faith
6th November 2008, 05:32 PM
SP Services website has a lot of info on how to save electricity.

http://www.spservices.sg/index.htm

don enemy
22nd November 2008, 10:34 AM
now with the global economic crunch and retrenchment everywhere, think we better try to save water by bathing once a week, do not have plants or rear any fishes as use up a lot of water, open window at night when sleeping so can avoid switching on the fans etc etc

SP going to increase their fees again right ?

very depressing now at this time, there is no good news in the papers nowadays :(

Babyrie
26th December 2008, 02:11 PM
hey, i watch this video.

about electric eel that can light up Christmas tree --- idea right ? can make use of eel to produce electricity for household use :D

fwong93
29th December 2009, 11:02 AM
hey, i watch this video.

about electric eel that can light up Christmas tree --- idea right ? can make use of eel to produce electricity for household use :D

thats a great idea. but where u gonna get an electric eel? it'll be very good if its implemented though. oh wait, maybe the leaders around the world are already using that but are keeping it a secret. . .:rolleyes:

myong406
30th December 2009, 10:58 AM
its pretty simple to save on the utility bill. turn off after u turn on. also, u can totally not use electrical appliances for some activities. shorter showers and careful use of water would certainly lower the bill