PDA

View Full Version : Keeping bathroom mold free

irng
7th January 2013, 05:59 PM
Any tips on keeping bathroom mold free???

cookies
8th January 2013, 06:23 PM
Eliminating bathroom dampness is the key to keeping mold from growing.

Spread towels out after use so that they dry more quickly.
Choose shower curtains that dry and clean easily to help avoid soap residue.
Wipe down the shower with a clean towel after its last daily use.
For those having tiles in their bathroom, seal the grout lines annually with a standard grout sealer to waterproof them.

Curry Chicken
16th January 2013, 04:49 PM
For me, the thing that easily gets mouldy is my shower curtain. It's super tedious to dry it after a shower so I just buy those cheap Ikea ones and replace them when mould starts appearing :eagerness:

LucyLinSmith
10th March 2014, 04:23 PM
The first step to preventing mould is getting rid of all sources of moisture. This can be a difficult feat, as the bathroom is of one of the main sources of water in the home. Firstly, you might consider installing a bathroom fan if you do not already have one. Turning your bath fan on during your shower or bath for half and hour or so, is very effective at flushing out moisture in the air.

beerandchicken
22nd December 2014, 10:29 AM
I think after bathing, either use your bath fan for ventilation or just open the windows and doors of your bath room to let the wind dry it naturally!

christiesternerz
25th September 2020, 07:53 PM
Use your bathroom ventilation fan when you shower. If you don’t have an exhaust fan, install one. Don’t keep bottles of shampoo or shower gel, toys, or loofahs in the shower, as they provide places for mold to grow and hide. And wash your bathroom rugs regularly. And always clean your bathroom with mold-killing products.