PDA

View Full Version : Medical insurance

Babyrie
19th May 2008, 08:39 PM
What say you about buying medical insurance?? Since medical are expensive?

happylalapo
20th July 2008, 04:41 PM
babyrie

i think when you live in Singapore you need to have medical insurance coverage - i was advised by my insurance agent to have at least $500,000 coverage.

cookies
21st July 2008, 02:01 PM
i agree with babyrie, we all must have a medical insurance. especially now that people are diagnosed with critical illess much younger then last time.

Ah Boy
23rd July 2008, 06:44 PM
Aiz, you don't really need medical insurance unless you know you are getting down with something and your doctor baccup with you to con the insurance company :rolleyes: Of course, if you lack the discipline to save money, you should also buy insurance lor. Otherwise, just save and invest your money wisely and you'll be much better off.

mcpqueen
30th July 2008, 06:17 PM
Best to be save than to be sorry. No one can predict illness, so my recommendation medical insurance is must have for all.

bookworm
18th November 2008, 04:21 PM
:eek: :eek:

Medical Insurance, this is another story I would like to share with you guys. A friend of mine his name is "Fat Kris" - that is the nick name I gave him.

Not sure if I should call this lucky or unlucky.

He is someone who does not believe in Insurance. However, a few years back when he was working in the state - for no apparent reason, he decided to take up a medical insurance policy - he said he did it because his friend told him to just sign up for it.

2 months after he bought the policy, he was taken ill from a stroke that nearly told his life - the medical bill turn up to be more than $300,000. He was saved from paying the bill with the medical insurance he signed up.

This really make you ponder, is insurance policy important? Like what Ah boy says, Is it really only for those who do not know how to save? .... I chose to believe it is important and like what mcpqueen says, better to be save than sorry. How can one predict when one will fall sick or some accident may happen??

:eek: :eek:

eileenlim
19th November 2008, 11:39 AM
i believed it's very important to have medical insurance whether you have savings or not. cos you never know the bomb for medical cost, it would be more then what you invested in insurance.

just for eg the case of fat kris. he only paid 2 months premium but benefited $300,000 of medical bills.

happylalapo
19th November 2008, 05:50 PM
:) yes, bookworm your friend is really lucky. How timely can this be?

If not, I wonder how is he going to pay for the medical bill.

McMuffin
28th November 2008, 07:42 PM
Hmm I agree with Ah Boy. Our government already has compulsory medical insurance. This is like the lottery mentality, if I don't buy, there is no hope of striking. In this case, if I don't buy, there is a chance that I will be hospitalized and lose lots of money or even my life. One plays on a person's greed; the other a person's fear. Just out of curiosity, who buys lottery here? :D

slow learner
1st December 2008, 08:05 PM
Interesting argument.

Comparing buying medical insurance with buying 4D.

I do not think anyone in the right frame of mind will want to buy a medical insurance and hope that he/she will get some kind of illness and claim the insurance right?

Talking about 4D, my dad and mums are super fan of 4D.

Ah Boy
9th December 2008, 05:28 PM
Wa slow learner, you really a bit slow sia :rolleyes: Mc's point wasn't about anyone buying a medical insurance and hoping that he/she will get some kind of illness and claim the insurance. He's saying that insurance makes us scared that we'll kena some illness and have no money to pay for treatment la. Right brother McMuffin?

eileenlim
3rd July 2009, 08:52 AM
Hmm I agree with Ah Boy. Our government already has compulsory medical insurance. This is like the lottery mentality, if I don't buy, there is no hope of striking. In this case, if I don't buy, there is a chance that I will be hospitalized and lose lots of money or even my life. One plays on a person's greed; the other a person's fear. Just out of curiosity, who buys lottery here? :D

i totally agree with mc. one play with greed the other with fear. if you don't scare then don't buy lor. sick then die lor. no need to treat.

kwee34
28th December 2009, 02:18 PM
such a dog-eat-dog world we live in. so materialistic but that is the reality of it. . . so dire, so helpless. only the richest will survive. lol. sound so poetic