PDA

View Full Version : Proposal - any new idea

Babyrie
19th May 2008, 08:58 PM
my friend wanting to proposed to his girlfriend... any idea to share with him?

:D I suggested he proposed with 999 roses infront of the Merlion in Sentosa.... sound so outdated right?

Aiyo girls still like rosses right?

EILEEN LIU
13th June 2008, 10:10 AM
hi babyrie,

why not try SINGAPORE FLYER. it is new and i would think high up in the air, with the beautiful sunset and breath-taking scenery in the background, the world would seem just the 2 of them, so romantic.

perhaps your friend can work with the co that operates SINGAPORE FLYER. do up a big banner with the qn : WILL YOU MARRY ME ? (name of bride ) on the next container so that the bride-to-be can see the banner when the ferris wheels starts to turn. the moment she sees the banner, the proposing song should start to play and your friend should drop down to his knees , whip out the bouquet of roses and box containing the ring and ask the qn.

howdoes that sound ?

regards
eileenliu

happylalapo
13th June 2008, 03:54 PM
oh i got one idea - buy her a holiday at a romantic place and have candlelight dinner at a beach resort or something than proposed to her.

The ambience will kill her if she says no in such romantic hideout with just the 2 of you. :D

evel
16th June 2008, 05:46 PM
my fiancee proposed to me during my birthday. he organised a surprise chalet for me and invited all my friends and family without my knowledge and in the middle of the BBQ, he get down on his knees infront of all the guest and proposed to me. i was embarrassed and surprise and i accepted his proposal.

i personally think like depends on the girl if she likes big proposal like everyone gets to know type (like mine) then can consider organising a party if she is someone that like low key, then i suggest to go for a romantic get away. my friend proposed to this wife at taiwan 101. i believe that is even higher then singapore flyer.

don enemy
17th June 2008, 10:22 AM
hi evel,

wow , proposing at taiwan 101, that is so memorable. maybe they can hold their wedding solemnisation there as well.

or have their wedding album taken there. the view up there must be very breath-taking.

hazel
18th June 2008, 08:47 AM
i agree with evel that it all depends on the lady. if she like the big hu ha thing then make sure u give her, if she is those low key person don't create something big and cause her embarassment. only the man will know.... plan carefully and don't make a fool out of it... remember it's once a life time.

MISS LAZY
18th June 2008, 09:47 AM
If the girl rejects the guy who was proposing, rejects in front of friends, then so embarrassing for the guy:eek:

Babyrie
18th June 2008, 03:25 PM
thanks everyone, i have gotten my dear friend to look at our ideas in this forum, he will share with us how he finally do it ... see if we hear good news from him.

MISS LAZY
3rd July 2008, 12:17 PM
HI Babyrie

so any news from your friend ?

Babyrie
17th July 2008, 03:09 PM
Aiyo, you cannot believe this he still have no courage to ask for her hand.. cannot tahan this friend, so sissy.

He promise to share with us how he does it when he manage to.

Let's pray we do not have to wait too long for his good news.

:p

bookworm
17th July 2008, 03:51 PM
:eek: :eek:

tell your friend study more like me, than he will know how to read her girl (girls) even from her (their) facial expression to know the best time to proposed.

no need to be too nervous follow this simple procedures,

1) kneel down with a rose in hand
2) buy a big diamond ring at least 1 carat (the bigger the better chance)
3) say this three words " I Love You"
4) followed by "Will you marry me?"

little faith
17th July 2008, 06:19 PM
hi bookworm,

well, there was a discussion i once chanced upon in another forum whereby they were talking abt the size of the diamond ring. they were saying the cost of the diamond ring should be a certain percentage of the guy's salary. ( like X 2 of the salary ...something like that )

frankly speaking, i totally do not agree on the theory that a guy should try to buy as big as possible a diamond ring to propose. i do not think that the size of the diamond ring represents the guy's love.

come on - a diamond ring is simply metal with a stone on it. that is supposed to represent love ???

the way the guy treats his gf - his care, his concern and the loving ways he takes care of her is more important than a ring. those everyday little caring actions matters more than a ring.

once at a wedding dinner , my friend was hinting heavily to her husband whom she has married like 1 yr ago, that she wants a diamond ring from him. he has yet to get a diamond ring for her. he only bought simple wedding band but not the diamond ring and my friend has been hinting since then.

my friend's husband knows she is hinting but intentionally ignore the hint. he is someone who spends his money cautiously.

my friend did not give up, grab my hand and pushed it to her husband's face to show him my ring with a big yellow diamond with 2 little white diamond ( which i have said before are artificial diamonds ).

i felt a bit pissed off, i told my friend off, that the size of the stone does not represent her husband love etc etc.

i felt my friend has embarrassed her husband and she should have known better than to stoop to that kind of tactic to get her husband to buy the ring which he obviously does not want to buy since it has been 1 yr after marriage. if he truly wanted to buy, he would have bought sooner.

if i were her, i would save up the money and buy that damn diamond ring myself.

really, is that what most women who are getting married concern about ?? the size of that stone ???

soulfood
18th July 2008, 10:48 AM
i agree with littlefaith. personally i dun think there must be a big diamond ring. I would be happy if he can afford to get one but it's ok as long as he's the man that i love and the one who loves me. I'm not against big fancy elaborate proposing method but what matters more are the days we had and will be having together - how he has been (will be) by my side, the constant love & concern. If we are ready, I would say "yes" to a sincere proposal even it's just over a simple moment together.

bookworm
18th July 2008, 03:11 PM

aiyo ..... just making fun of Babyrie's friend.

Babyrie
4th September 2008, 06:47 PM
:D hey,i promise to share my friend proposal .... here it is.

He booked a trip to Phuket, club med. At the last night of the trip, having dinner at a very romantic restuarant, he make special arrangement for some 20 to 30 balloons to be bundle up and was place at the centre of the restaurant. Of which one of the ballon is of different colour and he got his fiancee to bust each one of them except that special balloon last, in each balloons there is a note, in the notes are some special dates and some special memories written on it , like when is their first kiss, when is their first date, when is the first time they hold hand, what is the first movie they watched together etc. ....

No present for Guessing what was in the last balloon :D

Yeah, A Ring and a Note saying

" would you marry me wth this ring?"

The moment she said " Yes"

The resturant played a very romantic songs for them with a presentation of a bouquet of flower.

How romantic??

cookies
5th September 2008, 09:06 AM
wow so sweet i will be truly touched. i really touched by the man, how can he remember the dates of all the first things they did together. in some relationship, i can't even remember when we first started, let alone when we first hold hands and kiss.

kudos to your male friend, babyrie, his the man

EILEEN LIU
8th September 2008, 11:39 AM
wah, babyrie, this guy friend really romantic. this kind of planning, takes time and efforts. the efforts he put in already touch my heart.

so where is the honeymoon for the couple ?

Babyrie
7th November 2008, 05:40 PM
My friend went to Bali for their honeymoon - villas for 2 very romantic.

cookies
22nd July 2009, 08:42 AM
i have not really thought of my ideal proposal moment. some couples do not have such proposal moment. they dated, then just automatically apply for house and make marriage arrangements. how boring.

i won't marry if my future boyfriend do not proposal to me