PDA

View Full Version : Agent

cookies
4th June 2008, 05:44 PM
recently someone asked me this question. will any action be taken when he lodge a complaint on the agent with the agency?

generally i think it's kind of useless unless it's something really veru seriously. on some earlier threads, there were some complaining to even the government agency but apparently even they can't do anything if the agent is no registered with them.

these days alot of things you do and buy really depends on 'luck'.

irng
5th June 2008, 10:52 AM
yes i totally agree. i have encounter with many agents as both my husband and i invest quite a bit of properties. we have come across many types of agents. they are usually nice when trying to close sale but when deal is closed, it always difficult to get.

i don't rule out that what i have just said is just a few rotten fishes in the big ocean but of course there are ethical and good agents around too..... and i agree with cookies... it all depends on 'luck'... just got to pray hard.

evel
23rd June 2008, 09:03 AM
this has been a problem with other home related forums as well. aren't there anything we could do but just to suffer silently? can't the authorities step up to do justics for the home owners/ buyers. this can't carry on.

lion
30th June 2008, 01:14 PM
There's absolutely no use. The market is so unregulated, and there are so many customers, you become just one unhappy fish in the ocean where there are thousands more to pick from.
Believe me - I've tried this among other things, there is absolutely no use. Just don't use these agents again, that's all.

lion is angry ......

McMuffin
30th June 2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah, it's hard to regulate agents especially when most are not under an agency's payroll. I mean how can agencies control agents when agents are technically self-employed :confused: On the other hand, an agent gets commission because he or she helps buyers find properties or sellers sell theirs so naturally if the deal is transacted, they may not be inclined to give their ex-clients much attention.

eileenlim
1st July 2008, 09:39 AM
actually i find that it's not just housing agents, even insurance agents also same thing. once you sign on the dotted line, no news or updates from them, the next you hear from them is because they want to introduce new policies to you. this happens to even friends. it's like that like lar. they where got so much time to keep calling all the old clients when they actually need to reach out to more potential fishes.

janeng
2nd July 2008, 02:16 PM
singaporean like to complain lar. maybe also because of society where we are educated and we want to fight for what we think is right. i'm in the retail line and happens to handle complains. i tell you there is almost at least 1 complain daily and many times, the complaints are silly and ridiculous. only being in this line and handling all these myself makes me have more tolerence towards people and their services.

duffyduck
2nd July 2008, 03:59 PM
hoho... I think just complaint still ok... I heard some "ang mo" countries, customers will sue you just about anything... coz sometime the compensation is profitable.

EILEEN LIU
2nd July 2008, 04:45 PM
Isn't Singapore more and more like that too ?

anything also sue.

like that Amutha Valli vs Novena Church. i find that case very ridiculous. she spent thousands of dollars suing the church and looking at the evidence, the case not in her favour. maybe she is suing for the compensation too.

EILEEN LIU
2nd July 2008, 04:47 PM
singaporean like to complain lar. maybe also because of society where we are educated and we want to fight for what we think is right. i'm in the retail line and happens to handle complains. i tell you there is almost at least 1 complain daily and many times, the complaints are silly and ridiculous. only being in this line and handling all these myself makes me have more tolerence towards people and their services.

wow.. janeng - what kind of job you doing??? almost every day has 1 complaint? if the frequency of complaint is so frequent, don't you think your company should look into the quality of service. is quality of service so poor that company receives complaints almost on daily basis ?

janeng
3rd July 2008, 04:19 PM
retail lor, i'm not sure only my line of other retailer also face the same problem but sometimes the complain is really ridiculous. it's not my company faults at all.

EILEEN LIU
4th July 2008, 11:05 AM
hi all

i have a cousin who has done some time in prison. recently released and unable to secure a job due to his past records.

he is interested to try out real estate.

can an ex convict be a real estate agent ??? i understand ex convicts are not able to take up certain jobs, like for instance , in banking industry.

if anyone knows anything abt whether ex con can become real estate agent, appreciate your info. thanks

cookies
5th July 2008, 08:59 AM
eilleenliu,

what was the offence committed? his education level and previous working experience?

lion
7th July 2008, 10:28 AM
hi all

i have a cousin who has done some time in prison. recently released and unable to secure a job due to his past records.

he is interested to try out real estate.

can an ex convict be a real estate agent ??? i understand ex convicts are not able to take up certain jobs, like for instance , in banking industry.

if anyone knows anything abt whether ex con can become real estate agent, appreciate your info. thanks

eileenliu,

for your cousin case, it really depends on what crime he had committed. my friend was jailed 5 weeks for driving without license. after she come out, she joined real estate as property agent for 2 years. no problem leh... like what cookies ask, the offence was important.

lion shares his 5 cents tots.....

EILEEN LIU
7th July 2008, 11:01 AM
HI lion and cookies

my cousin when he was still doing his NS, was caught for possession of and using drugs and was jailed for a few yrs. this kind of offence, not related to money ( not embezzling ) , can still be real estate agent ?

cookies
7th July 2008, 12:22 PM
i think should be ok. not harm to just go checked out with the real estate company. my friend told me he has a colleague in real estate who used to serve his time in jail due to fraud. fraud (which deals with $$$) also can, i think most likely your cousin case should be ok.

EILEEN LIU
7th July 2008, 01:08 PM
hi cookies

thanks for encouragement and advice :)

cookies
9th July 2008, 03:17 PM
you are most welcome. i sincerely hope that your cousin is really serious into turning in a new leaf. if he suceed i'm proud for him too...

coke addict
1st August 2008, 02:06 PM
read in Today (1 aug 08 ) that PropNex is firing 2800 real estate agents who are not performing well and that they have barred anyone who is a declared bankrupt from applying to be their agent to prevent the chances of clients fund being misapproriated.

glad that at least this agency is doing some self-regulating. they are truly concern about clients' welfare.

cookies
2nd August 2008, 09:01 AM
my sis-in-law is a agent with propnex but she is doing on a part-time basis as she has a full time job. no deals for the last years also never kana sack, not sure if what they declared is true.

happylalapo
2nd August 2008, 05:46 PM
i really think the propnex thing is just an advertiseing gimmick for the company. In actual pratice i do not think they will fire, cause to them there is no real cost for an associate, and associates are not employed by them, they merely were using propnex name and giving them 10% of what they earn.

eileenlim
20th November 2008, 10:52 AM
can anyone share how to be a good agent? i heard so much about complaints on agents. then what things should they do in order for people to say they are good.

happylalapo
20th November 2008, 12:26 PM
eileen, are you planning to be an agent?

that is why you are asking?

McMuffin
28th November 2008, 06:54 PM
Well, as long as an agent acts for the client's best interest, the agent is good enough. There are so many agents out there making a quick buck and close deals at the expense of their unwitting clients. It makes you wonder what money can do to a person.