PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Destinations

cookies
9th June 2008, 09:53 AM
i'm planning for a holiday in october but can't decide where to go. anyone has suggestions for a budget of $1,000?

janeng
11th June 2008, 01:35 PM
are you the city/shopping type of rest & relax beach type? if the latter, then you can consider redang or krabi. redang has more locals and singaporean. u can go there at less then $1000 (inclusive of accomodation, travel and food).

cookies
12th June 2008, 12:30 PM
yar i heard about redang but heard must book directly from them and TT $ to te hotel directly and arrange my own transport there right? seems troublesome leh....

janeng
13th June 2008, 10:02 AM
cook, i believe there are some agency that can make the travel arrangements for you. you check out the classified page.

huey
30th June 2008, 06:16 PM
go hong kong lor... go by budget airline. but think hotel and air ticket will cost around $450 - $550 liao. if you want to eat and shop think will pass yr budget leh. if not, you go vietnam... shopping not so exciting la (also not cheap) but they got very good & cheap spa package... the place v. beautiful and the product is made in france! I think sometime the budget airline got those very low price ticket sometime. worth it la.

don enemy
30th June 2008, 06:38 PM
HI COOKIES NATAS FAIR is coming up in aug 08 , at expo. why not wait till then to check out the various pkgs and pricing all in one shot , under one roof. i have heard that the pkgs at NATAS fair are very attractive.

cookies
1st July 2008, 02:40 PM
yar i heard about it also. i have decided to go taiwan instead. has been doing some research ticket and accomodation will cost close to $1,000. will visit natas as well. thanks.

MISS LAZY
3rd July 2008, 11:48 AM
i am thinking of backpacking in nepal but cannot seem to find anyone to go with me.

i do not mind go there alone. should be exciting and adventurous to travel to such a place by myself, walking and exploring with a map in my hand and carrying a big backpack.

anyone been there and is it safe for a lady traveller to go by herself?

anyone can recommend a good cheap hotel there ?

onion
1st August 2008, 12:45 PM
People, dun expect too much on NATAS fair. I went for SA Tour's fair on last sun. I tell you everywhere is EXPENSIVE! The oil price and the airport tax are crazy! Those ang mo countries like aus, nz, us... airport tax is more X than air ticket. siao!

So every1 is looking at jap, korea, taiwan... imagine the quene. i think i'll just tell my wife & kids to go sentosa this yr.

ling
1st August 2008, 12:56 PM
I think we can be creative in our travel arrangement. Skip the tour packages and go for free & easy ones for asia countries. Their airfare & taxes are relatively lower than western countries. Some may be worried about the communication but I've been to both Japan & South Korea, their public transport is excellent and information is freely available. Just need to do some planning and you can see alot more than the usual tourist spots.

If not, go for neighbouring countries' beaches & resorts. Pay a bit more for higher end lodging and food. Pamper yourself instead of packed like sardines & dashing here & there with a tour group.

Look out for special airfare online! Book early.

duffyduck
1st August 2008, 01:41 PM
hi...i've been to nepal 10yrs back! :P nepal is an enchanting country. lots of westerners love that place so language is not a problem. It's safe in the capital's tourist area but not sure about the countryside. I had seen a jap lady hiking alone with her local porter along the foot of himalaya. but i think if you are not an experience traveller, dun do tat. you may not be able to see the dangers. Hotels are generally not expensive there as there are alot of backpackers lodging. There are also alot of local tour agencies. so you can buy air tickets & hotel room online. then just book a land tour when you reach. best time to travel is between Nov - Feb when it is dry & cooling, the rest of years are monsoon & raining seasons.

coke addict
1st August 2008, 02:10 PM
hi cookies,

if you are thinking of going to redang - then make sure you bring lots of insect repellants cos when i was there, i was being bitten by lots of them and return with a lot of unwanted 'souvenirs' on my arms and legs.

yar i heard about redang but heard must book directly from them and TT $ to te hotel directly and arrange my own transport there right? seems troublesome leh....

cookies
2nd August 2008, 10:57 AM
hehehehhe, i'm going to hong kong & taiwan instead this coming october. really looking forward. it's been more then 2 years since i travel.

happylalapo
2nd August 2008, 05:42 PM
hehehehhe, i'm going to hong kong & taiwan instead this coming october. really looking forward. it's been more then 2 years since i travel.

Enjoy your holiday cookies, Hong Kong you will shop till you drop. maybe you can drop by Macau, just 45 mins ferry ride, they have good food there.:)

cookies
26th August 2008, 08:41 AM
thanks happylalapo,

now might not go there cos no body wants to go with me. so now thinking of going holidaying alone. finding a safe place to go.

happylalapo
20th March 2009, 08:10 PM
Have been so stressed up with work and life - any idea where is the best place to have some peace and quiet for less than $400 per person including food. Thinking of at least 4 days away.

Really need to run away from home. But do not want to get the pocket burn cause if spend to much come back lagi stress have to work harder to earn back the money.

Ah Boy
1st April 2009, 06:11 PM
Go hang out at a kelong or a thailand resort. Relaxing and cheap!

cookies
2nd April 2009, 08:55 AM
go to some resort at batam lor. cheap. my friends said harris resort is rather cheap per room is about $60 if i'm not wrong.

hoclara
17th December 2009, 11:05 AM
i'm planning for a holiday in october but can't decide where to go. anyone has suggestions for a budget of $1,000?

now that its way past oct.... what did u do? share with us your thrills and spills :)

TimNolan123
22nd June 2012, 07:52 PM
My favorite Holiday spots are Gstaad Switzerland, Dubai and Blackpool London, but I am not sure if it is possible in this budget or not.