PDA

View Full Version : hair loss & skin problem

cookies
11th June 2008, 11:52 AM
all the while i have very little fine hair with oily scalp. last year, i started to encounter hair lost (patches near my forehead) and have sudden outbreak of on my face. did not bother me initially but the problem persist for 3 months and i decided to seek medical help for my face. by the time i seek help the damage is already done, even though now 4 months down the road, the outbreak has been controlled, the scars are there (i'm currently undergoing treatment for skin). as for my hair, my friend recommended me to use a hair growth tonic, which works well for me. my hair has since grow back.

well i'm sharing this is because never take granted for any slightest problem occur with your skin or hair. once the damage is done, recovery work might take even longer. if you start to notice any problem seek medical help immediately.

hazel
12th June 2008, 09:24 AM
hi cookies,

i kind of can understand your predicament. i not sure it is because of age issue that i also started to drop hair recently (i'm only in my early 30s) and i realised is not just me alone. my friends (all around my age) are facing this problem as well... Wonder if it's really due to age issue.

EILEEN LIU
13th June 2008, 10:24 AM
hi cookies,

your hair loss might be a result of work-stress and diet. try to control yourself and not put on too much stress on yourself. once reach home, leave all your worries about office and work at the doorstep and step into your house and relax.

having a good healthy diet without too much oily food and fried stuff might be helpful in hair growth.:)

cookies
14th June 2008, 10:26 AM
yes doctor did ask me if i'm stress but frankly speaking i can
t define stress and i don't know when i'm stress. well nows my hair have grown back with the help of some medical assistance. hopes it will not happen again.

janeng
16th June 2008, 09:31 AM
i heard that using the wrong type of shampoo can cause hair lost too. but how to determine which shampoo is right for us. are the shampoo sold at the supermarket interior then those salon products? i have tried many shampoo but still can't determine what is right for me.

don enemy
16th June 2008, 10:16 AM
hi janeng,

ya i think using the wrong type of shampoo can cause hair loss.

i guess if you keep changing and trying different brands, the brand that gives the most shine, makes your hair most bouncy, very easy to comb through, has the least hair drop, that would be the brand that is most suitable.

for me, i like to try new products that are launched. i especially like those with fruity scents. if the products is suitable. after i have washed my hair, my hair and it smells nice, easy to comb my hair and does not feel heavy , my hair does not become oily easily etc, i would stick with this brand for a while till another new product appears in the market.

janeng
17th June 2008, 09:37 AM
wow don, like that then must try alot leh. moreover when you buy a bottle of shampoo, you can usually use at least a month. i can't be trying a week then not suitable throw, very wasteful leh. hmmm.... now i'm trying salon products, the price is like 10 times more but so more not bad leh... maybe the price you pay lor.

don enemy
17th June 2008, 10:17 AM
hi janeng,

well, for me , i often try different brands. so far never come across one brand that is so bad as to make me lose hair... at most, i dun like the smell ( fragrance too potent ) or my hair is hard to comb through. i would take note not to buy that brand but i will still use it up. won't throw away so there is no worry of wastage.

salon hair products are indeed expensive if they deliver the results and one can afford it, not a bad idea to use them.

cookies
30th June 2008, 10:15 AM
recently i'm using salon products are well. it kind of work for me at least not it has more volume. haiya why women got so much beauty problems. every month try to save money also cannot. must buy this and that for beauty maintanence.

huey
30th June 2008, 06:22 PM
yo gal... you can try eat some food that's good for hair la... like sesame, seaweed... also go for some healthy supplements... you know la... as you age, your hormone level and watever in your body goes crazy sometime. Nowadays, food we take dun hv as much nutrient as it used to like our grandma's days... the soil not very fertile and use of insecticide etc... so sometime also dunno we are feeding ourselves or poisoning ourselves. haha! :P

don enemy
30th June 2008, 06:31 PM
i sometime wonder, if we eat healthy food and exercise regularly, do we really become fit and healty ?? does it really work??

i have a friend, she has been very health conscious for the past few yrs. eat right food ( watch how much she eats and she eat little fried food ) and even sign up for regular work outs with a personal trainer BUT she falls sick more frequently than me. seem like she is sick every mth.

me, i never ever exercise. i eat junk food on almost daily basis ( ice creams or potatoe chips at night when watching tv ) . fast food when outside. but despite my eating and lifestyle, i rarely fall sick. ( perhaps once every 4 mths ).

duffyduck
30th June 2008, 07:13 PM
It definitely works! investing in your health will pay off definitely.

I'm not sure about your fren... how long has she been keeping her health? Personally, I only start doing so for a yr or so... coz I use to be quite bad at keeping my health... I worked long hrs and have high cholestrol at late 20s... have frequent bad headaches and popped panadols like candies. I loved fried and fast food. So you can imagine my health conditions... my complexion is so bad that i dare not go to work without foundation!

Although now i started to care of what i eat and workout more. the consequences of my past bad lifestyle still lingers. But I do feel fitter and when i walk or run i dun pant like crazy. my health report also satisfying.

Taking care of our health now when we are young... sometime the result is not very obvious. but as we aged, we'll reap the benefit. I'm sure your fren will live much longer and suffer less chance of chronical illness when she's old. so if you are not doing that now... perhaps it's wise to start now.

huey
30th June 2008, 07:18 PM
ya lor... why kill yourself so young?

me... I nv go gym one la. but I got time will try to walk more and climb stairs more. I eat alot at home.... healthier and cheaper... hee hee.

Don't take for granted la. a lot of my older relatives are in hospital with strokes and diabetics... i know my genes not that good one. so i'm also try to be careful liao.

cookies
2nd July 2008, 10:26 AM
yar man, it's true, feeding ourselves or poisoning ourselves. infact supplement also dangerous, you often heard in news that pharmacy recalled back products from shelf. i think human cycle is getting shorter, people die earlier. we are exposed to more health hazards, that's why the WHO know that the earth is dying and has been promoting agressively to save the earth save gaia. but i know it's quite difficult lar. we have not really face any aversity in our life to be ready to realise this serious problem and pay attention to this. i would think i will next few generations will suffer lor and sooner or later god will come back and claim this land.

hazel
7th July 2008, 10:10 AM
i sometime wonder, if we eat healthy food and exercise regularly, do we really become fit and healty ?? does it really work??

i have a friend, she has been very health conscious for the past few yrs. eat right food ( watch how much she eats and she eat little fried food ) and even sign up for regular work outs with a personal trainer BUT she falls sick more frequently than me. seem like she is sick every mth.

me, i never ever exercise. i eat junk food on almost daily basis ( ice creams or potatoe chips at night when watching tv ) . fast food when outside. but despite my eating and lifestyle, i rarely fall sick. ( perhaps once every 4 mths ).

excercise regularly and eating healthy food is definitely important. eating RIGHT and doing the RIGHT excercise is different from the above. your friend could be eating healthy but is she eating right? each of our body requires requires different nutrients, what i lack might not be what you lack. your friend could be eating healthy but she might missed out some nutrients which her body lacks. sometimes but totally avoiding certain food is not advisable. it's always good to eat food in moderation even if it's your so called 'junk food'. by totally avoiding does not neccessary make one healthier. as for your case, you describe that you fall sick like once every 4 months. in fact i find it's quite often too. i don't know how old you are, but as we aged, our immunity will be poorer, therefore i truly encourage you to do more excercise. you can do excercise even when you watch TV. don't be a couch potatoe. you will regret later.

cookies
9th July 2008, 03:08 PM
yar i truly agree with hazel. eating right is important. just like th HPB pyramid, and they always have this thing that say 'eat all food in moderation'. even if this food is a healthy food they also ask you to eat in moderation. remember eat right, rest well, excercise enough.