PDA

View Full Version : Additional CPF Housing Grant

janeng
23rd June 2008, 03:28 PM
My sister and her boyfriend are thinking of getting a flat. however their combined income is about $3.5k per month. both of them just started to work less then 2 years ago. under this screanio, can they still be eligible for the grant and if not what other subsidy can they enjoy? btw they both have less then $10k in their CPF account.

lion
24th June 2008, 09:21 AM
hi jane,

from my understanding the additional housing grant is to assist low income families. for your sister's case, it might be a little tricky as both of them has just started work and does not have even $10,000 in CPF. i suggest her to talk to a HDB officer directly.

hear the lion roar...

happylalapo
21st July 2008, 07:34 PM
they are first time buyer may be able to try applying for a grant.

Honestly, i suggest they save up some more, wait for another year or 2 before getting their first flat, since they just started working.

happylalapo
10th February 2009, 06:13 PM
hi all,

for your information, for first timer who buys a resale flat they are entitled to a housing grant of $30k and $40k if they chose to stay near the parents.

from 6 of Feb 2009, if their pay is below $5000 and have worked for more than a year there is an additional grant of between $5k to $30k.

Janeng, on second thought I think it maybe a good idea for them to get a resale flat now, with all the grants they can get.

You could get a subsidy of up to $70k in total. Not too bad, right. Plus now it is pretty good time to get a resale flat as prices and valuations are sliding.

janeng
26th July 2010, 08:10 AM
resale flat is at the high now. mah bow tan just said will have more new flats for first timer. now everything is high, car high, flats high, living standard high, but salary low. how? not balance like that.

Ah Boy
29th July 2010, 05:40 PM
here salary not bad wat :D

janeng
23rd August 2010, 08:03 AM
ah boy, then you must be a lucky one that earn big bucks lar. but poor me, i only earn less then $2k a month..

Ah Boy
22nd September 2010, 07:33 PM
You must be still young..hehe. Work hard and you'll do well in future!

janeng
4th October 2010, 10:39 AM
haiya difficult leh. me no high education only n level

i just gave birth 4 months ago and my new house is coming next year.

my hubby doing sales and dependable alot on comm. so fixed income combined less then $4k. tough lor.

fellascarpet
30th December 2011, 02:25 PM
My sister and her boyfriend are thinking of getting a flat. however their combined income is about $3.5k per month. both of them just started to work less then 2 years ago. under this screanio, can they still be eligible for the grant and if not what other subsidy can they enjoy? btw they both have less then $10k in their CPF account.
Salary is good than you shouldn't have any problem.

evel
1st February 2012, 06:02 PM
how much then consider good salary?