PDA

View Full Version : Inter-Racial Marriage

evel
24th June 2008, 04:02 PM
recently my fiancee's cousin wanted to marry a Indian wife but both side parents disagree and forbid both of them to continue the relationship. I find this whole thing very comical and never expect such disapproval will happen in this modern society. :( i don't know what they intend to do. personally i think it's alright, we are always taught to accept other cultures and races but in this case isn't it accepting who they are as well?

cookies
30th June 2008, 04:18 PM
i do agree that in our modern society, we were taught racial harmony but by accepting another race as part of the family, not many can do it, not at least for now as we do still have old folks where still hold on to the roots strongly. however, i do believe this will change for the next generation, meaning when our turn to be old, we will probably accept such inter-racial marriage because we are living in a different century. however, there are still old folks who are non-tradtional in their thinking, it's just a misfortune that in your case both parents still hold on to their traditional thinking dearly. someone once said, you only have 1 parent but you can have many wifes / husbands so you rather let go of this relationship is parents really strongly object then losing your parents.

don enemy
30th June 2008, 06:56 PM
i believe True Love should not be restricted by age, race , educational level or social status.

i have an ex colleague - he is malay and she married a chinese. i asked him why he chose to marry a chinese and he told me most of his friends are chinese so it is a very natural outcome that he fell in love with a chinese . (his children cannot speak much malay - wonder how they communicate with their malay grandparents ) . they have bee happily married for yrs.

i have another good friend. childhood friend of mine for more than 20 yrs. from what i know, the current relationship she is in is her 1st relationship. but he is indian. though my friend's family know of her bf's existance , her bf's family is in the dark. they have been together for yrs but till now, she has not visited his family. heard from her the guy's family is pretty traditional. i felt a bit angry for her. that she is being kept 'underground' . like she is not official gf. i would not endure being kept underground. if i were in love, i want the whole world to know. i would want to meet my bf's family when the relationship is stable and more or less confirmed.

i truly hope that one day, i hear wedding bells from this friend of mine. she has faithfully stood by his side during his lowest point when he was unemployed for yrs ( doing part time jobs to survive ) cos he was unable to locate a full time job ( i suspect due to his race ) .

MISS LAZY
3rd July 2008, 12:00 PM
well, don enemy - i admire your friend's faith and steadfast love in her bf. i know if i were her, i would never ever tolerate being kept 'underground'.

i don't think my love for a guy could last if he does not even have the guts to bring me home to show to his parents and tell them that i am the woman that he loves.

frankly speaking, if i were your friend, i would have left the guy long time ago. a woman's youth is very limited. how long can your friend wait for him to muster up the courage to break the news to his family ???

would your friend becomes a bittered woman cos she wasted her youth and in the end , she got nothing, no husband, no kids but a doomed relationship that never promises anything in the first place ?

evel
23rd July 2009, 09:50 AM
this story here is not about inter-racial but about money.

my friend recently came out from a 10 years relationship because his girlfriend finds that he earns not enough. both party are high income earners. the guy earns average of $7k/month but the girlfriend earns 5 digit. because of the guy earning not enough or can't match the girlfriend, the girl broke off with him after 10years, taking with her a mercedes, 2 private apartments. i asked my friend when he gave it to her, he said after all they have been together for 10 years, her girlfriend has wasted her 10 years with him this is just a compensation for her. i can't believe this.

my friend kept asking me how much is enough. i really don't know how to answer. have you ever thought how much is enough for you?