PDA

View Full Version : Material for Kitchen Counters

beerandchicken
2nd December 2014, 12:59 PM
What material do you guys use for your kitchen counters?

Marble is aesthetically nice, but gets stains and scratches easier than granite.

Granite is less pretty but more durable although it requires some sealing to last.

Quartz seems to be the best choice but O.M.G, the price tag that comes with it...

Just curious how do you guys select and what kind of material for kitchen counters do you use? :confused:

milooi
2nd December 2014, 02:33 PM
Didn't know that even kitchen counter materials have so much details to it :eek:

beerandchicken
3rd December 2014, 09:38 AM
Ya lor.. Does anyone know how to select and what to choose?

mathewsauls
5th December 2014, 03:09 PM
My personal favorite and first choice for countertop material is Granite. Not only for me but the durability and easy care of Granite Countertops Keystone (http://coloradogranite.com) keeps it a favorite for many homeowners. The beauty and warmth of granite gives an aesthetic appeal in home design.

beerandchicken
9th December 2014, 09:49 AM
Granite does not stain and scratch?! This is in contrary to what I've heard..

I heard that only when you seal the granite in some kind of protective layer then it does not stain and scratch (comes with a hefty price).. But I could have remembered wrongly..

carmenjames
5th June 2015, 11:57 PM
But granite is a not long lasting material. you need to to choose something more stable and strong material.