PDA

View Full Version : floor tiles cracked!

onion
16th July 2008, 12:11 PM
my 10yr-old floor tiles just burst and cracked suddenly! scared the hell out of us who were watching tv at the living room. Luckily no one was injured. man, the loud noise is still ringing in my ears like a bomb exploded! my gals hv nightmare about it.

wonder what's the cause? Thinking of changing it to parquet.

don enemy
16th July 2008, 01:25 PM
hi onion,

you made me cry.... i laughed so hard i almost cry.:D the way you describe your floor tiles cracked.. very the dramatic leh..

i have seen a glass cracked suddenly cracked and pieces of glass rained down ( that was at a certain popular shopping centre situated just outside a certain mrt stn..shall not name it here ) ..but i cannot imagine floor tiles 'burst'. :confused:

i would imagine they would have to be subjected to intense heat for a prolong period of time before they reach any point of bursting leh.

hope you have gotten some contractor down to inspect and replace with better tiles ASAP - good luck !!! :cool:

onion
16th July 2008, 01:38 PM
ya don enemy... i guess the intense heat must be emitted from the hot babes in swim suits on the tv show we watched tat nite la...ahahaha

happylalapo
16th July 2008, 02:22 PM
miss onion i like your profile picture :) you new in this site?

Your floor tiles crack - this happen, due to pocket of air in the cement screed, bad workmanship.

Nothing alarming cause i have seen it happen before in other houses.

Good idea to install parquet, only you have to consider the maintenance issue, if you do not have small children or pets that will be good.

However, if you have you may like to consider laminated flooring. Cheap and scratch proof. Look like parquet now come with many selection.

don enemy
16th July 2008, 02:34 PM
hee hee , you guys like my avatar? i just added. cos i 'jealous' onion got praised for her cute avatar. i also want to have a 'face' .:p

happylalapo
16th July 2008, 02:52 PM
yours fit you perfect i must say ...:D

don enemy
16th July 2008, 03:06 PM
ya don enemy... i guess the intense heat must be emitted from the hot babes in swim suits on the tv show we watched tat nite la...ahahaha

haha....:D then you must seriously consider sending the repair bill to the tv station to get reimbursement cos their hot babe show cause your wallet to become lighter.:D

onion
16th July 2008, 03:39 PM
ha ha ladies (i assume you are all lovely ladies)... it's actually MISTER onion here. well, tks happylalapo for the suggestion... nv thot of laminated floorings. guess it may be a good choice beside parquet. mm... do u think they are water-proof as well. My kids are in their teens now. so dun think they'll make a mess around the house. but I'm just worried tat my maid (who's always mopping the floor with tons of water despite telling her not to) may just destroy my new flooring.