PDA

View Full Version : Collagen supplements effective?

ling
16th July 2008, 02:02 PM
Hi, have anyone tried the collagen supplement in the market? Recently, I've been deciding to buy either Fancl Tense up or H20's. So far have heard many gd comment on Tense Up. Pls share yr experience. Thank you! :)

happylalapo
16th July 2008, 02:15 PM
not sure about Collagen suplement.

I have been using this product from Nu Skin - to reduce fine lines

" tru face essence - firming serum"

One capsale is about $3 - pretty good in my view.

bookworm
16th July 2008, 05:06 PM
Collagen

:eek: you can get it from eating fish, the jelly part near the cheek of the fish.

also can get it from aubergine / brinjal or eating lady finger.

Is that not better? Fresh from the market :eek:

witty cat
17th July 2008, 12:00 AM
meow! meow!

Fish i loves to eat them. Full of collagen indeed!

witty cat feels pretty! with no wrinkles lick! lick! meow!

ling
17th July 2008, 09:57 AM
hi tks bookworm from the insights! you are very wise. Just that I've a busy schedule, and like many people, I don't hv a very balanced diet. most of the time I just eat whatever that's convenient. So I thought taking supplement will help.

Witty cat - you've quite a big pair of eyes! so cute :)

duffyduck
17th July 2008, 10:00 AM
hear ye hear ye! FANCL at Isetan scotts and wisma atrium are having a special promo now till 20 Jul - spend $120 and get max. 2 boxes of FANCL TenseUp EX at $36 each! that makes it 4 boxes for $195, each box $48.75! UP is $61.50.

Why I know becoz my FANCL-crazy sister went and bought it! Since you gals are interested just share the gd news.

soulfood
17th July 2008, 01:20 PM
ok, i've also read somewhere that to aid collagen formation in our body, vitamin c is necessary. so take alot of fruits & veg.

Besides, that take more soya bean product as it's high in estrogen - a substance that boosts the skin’s moisture content by increasing the amount of hyaluronic acid in the skin.

Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in the body. One of hyaluronic acid’s primary jobs is to make the skin firm and provide support for the collagen and elastin fibers that give skin a firm, youthful appearance.

huey
17th July 2008, 01:24 PM
pp if it works. let me know hor. har...be a woman is really hard. spend so much $ just to look young. my hubby only use soap to wash face oso look younger than me and he is 2 yrs old than me leh. jialat.

bookworm
17th July 2008, 01:28 PM
:eek: :eek:

look what i had yesterday, all three collagen stuff in a meal.

:eek: :eek:

Babyrie
17th July 2008, 01:42 PM
hey, ling

how about my eyes big enough for cute?? :)

cookies
18th July 2008, 09:23 AM
i bought collegen from GNC, it's quite expensive about $90 plus for 6 bottles. i don't know if i works, i finish up 5 bottles liao but i don't see any difference leh or is it i had not enough. they said every week have 3 bottles very siong (expensive) leh.

soulfood
18th July 2008, 10:52 AM
I think for starters, one has to take a bottle daily for 1 month for the "repairing". afterwhich just 2-3 bottles a week to maintain. To maintain and facilitate the collagen formation, remember to take vitamine C and use skincare product that enhance moisture. Of course eating right is a must

ling
18th July 2008, 04:05 PM
hi i took my 1st bottle of fancl tenseup last night. don't know if it's my imagination, I feel my skin is slightly more smooth & firm. till afternoon my face is still not very oily (normal my T-zone will be shiny by noon). will continue to update here after a few more bottles. :)