PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Fengshui

bookworm
16th July 2008, 04:56 PM
:eek: i like to share a story i heard about why Singapore has so many trees.

Look at Singapore Map - do you not think it look like a crab from the top view.
If there is no trees around, it will be like a cooked crab. That will not be good for Singapore.

So trees were planted every where in Singapore so that Singapore will look like a healthy lively crab from the top view. Healthy crab is green :) This bring about good fortune for this tiny Island.

This is accordingly results of good fengshiu consultation.

:eek:

don enemy
16th July 2008, 05:05 PM
hi bookworm, interesting theory you have there. so how come singaporeans are not walking sideways like crabs do ????

onion
17th July 2008, 09:53 AM
ha ha, bookworm... that sounds more like "crap" to me.

If you asked me a green crab is "healthy". when have you seen a green crab before?

bookworm
17th July 2008, 01:35 PM
:eek: :eek:

Don enemy - you need to go study more!

I mentioned top view - so outline from top view not that Singapore is a crab.

Onion - i think better you go to the market and see the fresh crabs from the stalk they are definitely not red it is either dark green/ olive green towards tone of darker side.

Curry Chicken
17th July 2008, 03:22 PM
I heard from a friend that the late Master Hong Chuan advised our MM on this le... apparently he also told MM that everyone in Singapore should have a "ba gua" and that's why our $1 coin and road tax decal is in the shape of a ba gua :rolleyes:

bookworm
17th July 2008, 03:44 PM

yeah, i heard of this before too.

curry chicken , i like you boy - you really knowledgable.

onion
17th July 2008, 03:49 PM
haha...ya curry chicken - you are indeed "ba gua". hahaha

This is like 1 of the oldest online urban legend...ever heard

huey
17th July 2008, 03:54 PM
Wow curry chicken n bookworm, both of u r so knowledgable! i thot only auntie like me would be interested in this kind of thing.

aiyo onion nv mind like this sort of gossip always nice to know wat. may b it's true leh. right or not curry chicken n bookworm

bookworm
17th July 2008, 04:00 PM

needless to say - only knowledgable people like us understand this -

another thing to highlight to huey and onion it is not "ba gua" , not the kind of news you read from the chinese papers - it is call culture "wen hua" - people with knowledge and culture ;)

:eek:

onion
17th July 2008, 04:04 PM
Precisely all these myths and legends - really makes me think they are nothing but nonsense.

myong406
18th December 2009, 12:15 PM
Feng shui provides tools and guidelines for analyzing and correcting the flow of energy into and through our space. It uses the arrangement of rooms and the placement of furniture to create a smooth pathway for chi through a home, office, or retail location. Blockages and other forms of negative chi are removed or counteracted in order to welcome in opportunities and encourage progress. Colors and shapes associated with the five elements-wood, fire, earth, metal, and water-are used to create movement, balance, or protection, depending on the needs of the client. Imagery and objects such as paintings, photographs, statuary and other accessories are chosen and placed to enhance and reinforce the client's intention.

Feng Shui reminds us that everything is connected, and that our physical surroundings have a significant impact on our mind, body, and spirit. It teaches us to be mindful caretakers of our environments, so that we may be mindful caretakers of our lives.

cookies
21st December 2009, 08:52 AM
i think feng shui works only with people who believe in it.

myong406
21st December 2009, 10:21 AM
i think feng shui works only with people who believe in it.

i totally agree. its just like a form of religion.

nickycboy
21st December 2009, 11:45 AM
Feng shui opens up possibilities of meeting new people.
Meeting new people is another bonus of being a Feng Shui enthusiast. When you are applying Feng Shui, chances are, you will be able to find another person within your social network who likes the same stuff and can even help you expand your knowledge on Feng Shui, no matter how limited it is to begin with.