PDA

View Full Version : food cover

happylalapo
23rd July 2008, 04:55 PM
Anyone still using food cover, today i chance upon this food cover - so sweet i bought it for $15.

little faith
24th July 2008, 10:54 AM
happylapopo - the food covers are really cute but they are made of cloth. so will become greasy and yellowish very soon cos usually the food covers are kept at kitchen area.

so i personally prefer using plastic ( small cover for covering individual dish ) food covers. i can use soft abrasive detergent to give them a good scrub when they become greasy.

cloth covers pretty to look at but i cannot imagine giving them a good wash. might not survive the wash. hee hee :D

huey
25th July 2008, 10:34 AM
haha... everytime i oni use plates as cover over the dishes. sometime use polywrap easier mah.

soulfood
25th July 2008, 10:35 AM
polywrap is cancer causing. leftover food exposed too long in room temp is manifest with bacteria.

happylalapo
25th July 2008, 12:45 PM
Practically you may be right littlefaith.

I bought it because it looks pretty, never consider so much about the practical side.

Huey that is clever.

Soulfood, good infor you share. Will take note.

myong406
22nd December 2009, 11:47 AM
Anyone still using food cover, today i chance upon this food cover - so sweet i bought it for $15.

really pretty food cover. but i dont practice that though. i will put my left over food in the fridge or in the microwave oven if i plan to eat it within the same day.

kwee34
7th January 2010, 12:30 PM
really pretty food cover. but i dont practice that though. i will put my left over food in the fridge or in the microwave oven if i plan to eat it within the same day.

i dont think its good practice to leave left over food in the oven or under a cover @ room temp. best is the fridge where germs cant prevail

hazel
8th January 2010, 11:32 AM
yar i agree with you. if not eating just keep it in the fridge. anyway, my household don't really practice to keep food for over night cos my dad said not good for our health.

kwee34
8th January 2010, 11:56 AM
yar i agree with you. if not eating just keep it in the fridge. anyway, my household don't really practice to keep food for over night cos my dad said not good for our health.

gotten food poisoning before, after eating food that was kept in the fridge. it really depends what food u keep overnight. some dishes cant be kept. things like curry. these will make ur digestive system go haywire

starramp
20th February 2013, 02:03 PM
Winter food is usually in abundant supply and hunger of wild pheasants is practically unheard of, so the main purpose of food and cover plots is to help wearing female birds through the winter in good condition. This is achieved by establishing safe foraging patterns, provides a reliable source of food and to reduce unnecessary travel.