PDA

View Full Version : energy saving bulbs

huey
29th July 2008, 11:19 AM
Har... my electric bills has shot up $50 more this month. jialat... i want to cut cost leh. my house now using normal 40w tube and dining room got 1 hanging lamp with 5 bulbs tat kind. Then I got 6 spotlights (very hot that kind, dunno what they call). can all change to energy saving ones or not? got any help?

eileenlim
29th July 2008, 03:44 PM
i heard that orange lights enenery comsumption is higher then white lights. i don't like orange lights as i like my rooms to be bright. for those energy saving bulks, you can try philips, a bit pricy but i think good.

little faith
30th July 2008, 10:31 AM
i don't like yellow light too as not good for reading. i always fear if i read using yellow light, might hurt my eyesight.

also not suitable when i put on my make up as i sometimes ended up putting too much when i was applying make up in room lighted up with yellow light bulb.

happylalapo
30th July 2008, 06:10 PM
Har... my electric bills has shot up $50 more this month. jialat... i want to cut cost leh. my house now using normal 40w tube and dining room got 1 hanging lamp with 5 bulbs tat kind. Then I got 6 spotlights (very hot that kind, dunno what they call). can all change to energy saving ones or not? got any help?

depending on the type of bulbs head it is using, you can bring a sample of your bulbs to the lighting shop and see if the heads match the energy saving kind.

Should not be a problem for you to change all to energy saving as long as the head matches.

Energy saving is not jsut white light/ they have warm white too.

I prefer warm light to white light as it give the house a good warm feel and make it more cosy.

jamaicabraden
21st August 2010, 09:05 PM
yes yellow light consumes much energy than the white ones.

eileenlim
1st September 2010, 07:37 AM
see i thought so too. anyway to each his own lar. ;)

cookies
13th September 2010, 05:00 PM
Maybe can cut down aircon usage. Lights you only need the 40w tube, the remainder can turn off. I mean who needs the home to be so brightly lit. Unless scared of ghost. : )

webguru24x7
15th October 2010, 08:42 PM
CFL's are real energy savers and in long term it reduces the total electricity consumption by more that 20%, when used at every possible light source, the white light is also soothing, and does not irritate.

--------------
Labeling (http://www.codipack.com/nl/cshoofdcategorie/etikettensoftware.arcx)

Nova Lighting Store
24th November 2010, 04:29 AM
Some great advances have been made in LED technology as of late, and though the purchase cost might be high, they'll cut back even more than CFLs in the long run.

cookies
6th December 2010, 05:27 PM
yar mr electrical bill is very high so energy saving is important

lion
21st January 2011, 07:14 PM
Does anyone knows where to get fridge light bulb ? My old one is 15w Phillips. Went to a couple of shops already and could not find please help to light up my fridge. :D

eileenlim
25th January 2011, 04:57 PM
Hi Lion,

Belived those local home "downstairs" electrical shops they do sell those light bulbs, mine blow recently for spring cleaning and went down to get a new one similar not 100% same but at least the connector screw is the same size and voltage is the same. (Advice from local friendly electrical shop uncle)

cookies
28th January 2011, 04:07 PM
Save the earth use candle. :p

JuJu
29th January 2011, 05:33 PM
Philips seems to be the world best energy saving bulbs manufacturer.
Led is better option to lower energy consumption, but when a single bulb blows the whole thing need to be change. Not possible to change singly.

irng
2nd February 2011, 09:18 AM
Yes Led have it plus point but with no manufacturer or repair shop to change the single bulb it would be difficult.
Led even a single bulb blows the others will still work unless the main power converter unit blows up. That even skill tech will not be able to save and will tell you "Is so cheap lah, but another new one".

JuJu
6th February 2011, 02:43 PM
I found out over at Chai Chee estate around blk 27 they have those local shop selling light bulb small ones for the fridge.

lion
16th February 2011, 05:00 PM
Thks alot found it the mention address at 1.20 good bargain.:D

JuJu
20th February 2011, 09:01 PM
Also here are a website where they show case some Led light bulbs for the fridge.

http://www.instructables.com/id/LED-Refrigerator-Light/

eileenlim
26th February 2011, 11:46 PM
Welcome Roar..

Ah Boy
27th February 2011, 03:42 PM
Eileen, are you pretending to be lion? Wahahaha!!

eileenlim
4th March 2011, 03:06 PM
Yah lor Ah boy now Lion King in town mah. So need the extra Roar........ :D

cookies
20th April 2011, 12:48 PM
In the hotel the bed side lamp is not working untill called the maintenance guy and found out that the electricity is not turn on for both the table lights. Talk about energy saving. Hehehehee :D

siongboon
23rd August 2011, 11:19 PM
i heard that orange lights enenery comsumption is higher then white lights. i don't like orange lights as i like my rooms to be bright. for those energy saving bulks, you can try philips, a bit pricy but i think good.

That's not true. I have purchased a power meter from saveOne to do my own measurement for my appliance. Orange light (warm) consume the same power a the equivalent white fluorescent bulb.

To save energy, why not try low power LED lightnings. I am now using LED lights. The energy consumption is not high. Brightness is equivalent to normal fluorescent lamp. Best of all, the price is quite affordable; near the price of a normal lamp.

I have became energy conscious after coming back from saveOne exhibition booth. LED will definitely become more and more popular. Singapore is a bit slow in adapting LED lights. LED lightnings can be seen all over the cities in China that I have visited.

Myrtie87
7th October 2011, 01:53 PM
the best thing about the energy saving bulbs are
1. 9 Watt Smooth Dimmable SES E14 candle (CL809d) is 2700K warm white. Equivalent to 45 watt incandescent bulb. Chandaliers is typically used, and similar devices which have several small candle bulbs.

2. 11 Watt bulb smooth damping Bayonet B22 (GSU111d) in 2700K warm white. Similar to a standard 60-watt incandescent bulb, which is probably still the most common light bulb sold in England.

3. 11-watt GU10 compact reflector 4000K 3000K cool white and warm white versions (BRO711i). Replying to a common halogen bulbs of 50 watts.

happylalapo
31st January 2012, 07:07 PM
Been visiting a few new homes lately and notice that most people now in their new homes are using energy saving bulbs.

This is good Singaporeans are going green :applause:

hazel
1st February 2012, 02:11 PM
of cos save energy means save $.

wendychia
29th February 2012, 02:42 PM
The electical bills keep increasing, i think i must change to energy saving blubs..