PDA

View Full Version : Orange, Fushia or Both?

hippohouse
30th July 2008, 05:53 PM
Hi experts out there, We are re-doing our entire bedroom and have decided that we want our walls Orange, Fushia or both! Is there anyway we can have both Orange and Fushia in the same room? Advise pls... thanks! :P

happylalapo
30th July 2008, 06:12 PM
sorry i do not know the meaning of Fushia - please enlighten? thanks

precious
31st July 2008, 09:01 PM
do u mean Hot Pink with dash of violet- Fushia?

Maybe you could cover wall in one colour and another colour in straps or borders? Or cover wall in one colour, wait till fully dried, then cover the next colour (w additive to delay drying) on same wall, then sponge off to create wall effect?

Hehehe... my crazy ideas... to add no. of post nia.:D

gloriajean
1st August 2008, 10:30 AM
my oh my, hippohouse... Fushia & orange? U r 1 daring folk and not boring at all! I can imagine a very hip & cheery room already.

As these 2 r very bold & strong by themselves. It's not easy for them to get along. Easier way is to have 1 wall for fushia & the other for orange. I like precious' idea to have 1 color as base and the other as sponge-effect also.

For such strong colors, I think the colors of the furniture has to be tone down with another neutral color so that visually it's not too noisy or clashes with one another. May be like white...see this color
http://www.onebrowncow.co.uk/images/foxy/fx129orgfus2.jpg

If not, just paint the majority part of the room in 1 color and with dashes of the other color either on the wall or for the furniture? See below ( I know it's not a room again) the bridesmaids are wearing a fuschia dress with just a orange ribbon, so that there'll be 1 focus.
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd282/nicnakg/Weddings_Darlington_House3.jpg

Hope i made sense here.

duffyduck
1st August 2008, 10:48 AM
hippohouse you mentioned you're doing for yr bedroom. I think the colour combi is very nice but do take note that colours hv some psychological effects on us. Fushia & orange are both very energetic colours - normally such colours will hype up your emotion level, it can add excitement when you are happy or increase your frustration when you are down, and sometime you can feel warm when it's a hot day. In other words, it'll be hard for you to be calm & cool when you are around these colours. If it's a bedroom, a place to rest and unwind, you may want to consider this.

gloriajean
1st August 2008, 11:07 AM
Hi found room pix for orange:
http://www.orangeroom.co.nz/images/room_01.jpg

and fuschia!
http://bp3.blogger.com/_NQajpCqZxkg/RncGjyoHxfI/AAAAAAAAAI0/6x_43wpcdDE/s1600/fuschia.jpg

coke addict
1st August 2008, 02:20 PM
hi hippohouse,

wow.. both orange and fuchsia are such strong , overly bright colours , i feel they sort of hurt the eyes. ( well , at least to my eyes ) .

if i have a say in choosing the colours for the walls of my house, i would choose the following colours for these rooms.

Living Room = Light Beige ( cosy feeling )

Bedroom = Light Blue ( calming effect . pleasing on the eyes especially after a day of hard work in the office )

Bathroom = a mosaic of various shades of blue in small square pieces of tiles to create a feeling that one is in the ocean ( colours of tiles for this ranging from light blue , aquamarine , cobalt blue )

Study Room = Light Pink ( to me , it a room where we need to use it to do serious work so i feel must choose a colour that is my favourite to 'relax my mind' and light pink is one of my favourite colours and i feel it is one of those colours that is not so attention grabbing that it hurt your eyes )

Kitchen = Light Yellow ( makes one feel cheerful when cooking. besides, after years of using the kitchen, the wall might turn yellowish cos of the grease and smoke so painting it light yellow might be a good choice, camouflauge the effect of months of grease accumulating )

Hi experts out there, We are re-doing our entire bedroom and have decided that we want our walls Orange, Fushia or both! Is there anyway we can have both Orange and Fushia in the same room? Advise pls... thanks! :P

precious
1st August 2008, 09:05 PM
Indeed 2 strong colours R rather overwhelming.
But u can keep this combination on one main wall, the rest in cream/white.
Let's sponge, sponge, sponge...:p

happylalapo
2nd August 2008, 05:53 PM
now i know what is fusia.

I like the idea , especially precious recommendation.

I think will be nice to have strip. a stip of each say 2inch apart will be really nice and cool. How you achieve that

1) you paint the whole wall orange
2) paste strip by using paper tape.
3) paint it over with a code of fusia
4) remove the strip

wow, going to be really nice.

After that you buy a white/ cream sofa and throw colourful cushions on it. wow! i can imagine.

little faith
4th August 2008, 04:39 PM
i wonder if a person who uses strong colours which most home-owners would not use, does that mean that person is also a person who dares to take risks in his or her daily lives. might that person also be a person who lives his or her life to the fullest - an active person whose weekend is seldom free.

sometimes i wonder if we can tell a person's character based on his or her favourite colours.

happylalapo
4th August 2008, 05:16 PM
Yes, I agree colour do reflects personality.

bookworm
4th August 2008, 05:20 PM
:eek: :eek:

oh no, hot pink with orange is a straight no.

:eek: :eek:

mcpqueen
4th August 2008, 05:30 PM
Yuk, this is horrible combinations.

happylalapo
4th August 2008, 05:44 PM
hey, hippohouse

look at this picturei found. I think it is pretty nice.

soulfood
12th August 2008, 10:26 AM
hippohouse,

It seems to me, you've decided on these colors. If it's so, just go ahead with it and heck care about psychological effects or what else. As long as you think it's gonna work for you. Not everyone will go for beige, blue or light pink. we r all structured differently. the colors tat relax 1 may just make someone else puke and get depressed. so i say.... if you like it just go ahead. Go Kinokuniya or pageone's ID section to do some research... there'll sure hv something to inspire you on how to go about doing it.

precious
19th August 2008, 08:11 AM
Hi Hippohouse

Think the hot pink u can choose Lollipop from Nippon Paint.
My fren just painted his dining area wif this lively colour
It turns out very well:D