PDA

View Full Version : HDB Housing loan

Babyrie
31st July 2008, 08:16 PM
An old lady bought the HDB flat - as she is old she cannot get financing - can her son take care of the financing for her by acting as borrower?

HDB loan is a no no, how about private loan? any advise?

lion
1st August 2008, 10:41 AM
pardon me babyrie,

i'm surprise in the first place that hdb sold the flat to the old lady without first settle the matter about the loan?

secondly, why don't the son buy the flat directly instead and handle financing.

maybe i don't really get a very clear picture from you short message.

lion is scatching his head.....

precious
1st August 2008, 08:56 PM
Think before purchasing, HDB will do a HLE to determine if you could get HDB loan or from bank. W/o it, purchase of flat cannot pull thru de leh... me oso scratch head:confused:

Babyrie
2nd August 2008, 06:25 PM
pardon me babyrie,

i'm surprise in the first place that hdb sold the flat to the old lady without first settle the matter about the loan?

secondly, why don't the son buy the flat directly instead and handle financing.

maybe i don't really get a very clear picture from you short message.

lion is scatching his head.....

it really makes a difference. I should have said assuming. Actually my colleague she has this big problem, she is married to a guy who already own a flat with his mum. Now due to personal reason she is not going to stay with her in law. They need to buy a place for their own stay and could not afford a private apartment. One solution is to use her mother name to buy, however, HDB do not allow her husband to take loan and so if they buy the flat imagine the amount of cash involve. So question is can they borrow from the open market instead. Any advise here.

forever tired
19th August 2008, 10:56 AM
hi guys

looking through cocoon and saw that it has some advice on Refinancing Your Home.

good summarise of useful info for those who are not so sure abt such matters. those interested might want to check it out : -

http://www.thehomelook.com/cocoon/home%20finance/home-finance-5.php