PDA

View Full Version : ID firms?

McMuffin
10th January 2007, 07:04 PM
Anyone got any good interior design firms to recommend?

ongfamy
11th January 2007, 04:25 PM
Hi All, I also looking for ID firm. Actually thinking to engage contractor or ID? Pls advise...

leslie
11th January 2007, 06:04 PM
Hi Ongfamy,
Have you tried the directory listing of myhappyhouse. All the listed companies are all being nominated by end users before they are aloowed listing.

McMuffin
11th January 2007, 09:40 PM
Hi All, I also looking for ID firm. Actually thinking to engage contractor or ID? Pls advise...

Hi there, I think contractor gives more value for money but design ideas are not that good. If you have a good idea of how you want your house to look like, hiring a contractor is a good choice!

ongfamy
12th January 2007, 02:09 PM
Hi Mcmuffin
Thxs for ur advice, but I'm rather afraid of the quality of work by contractors, and gd recomendations?

ahblur
13th January 2007, 11:54 PM
Hi Mcmuffin,
i am new in this forum.. not really know how to use the icons... hee... my id is Wayne from Unimax... Reno haven start but will only be able to update you his work after that... To be true he is my hubby ex coll...

McMuffin
14th January 2007, 05:09 PM
Hi Mcmuffin
Thxs for ur advice, but I'm rather afraid of the quality of work by contractors, and gd recomendations?

You're welcome ongfamy! The contractor that I used before is quite good but he has switched lines... complained that the industry is too competitive :p

McMuffin
14th January 2007, 05:10 PM
Hi Mcmuffin,
i am new in this forum.. not really know how to use the icons... hee... my id is Wayne from Unimax... Reno haven start but will only be able to update you his work after that... To be true he is my hubby ex coll...

Thanks ahblur! Look forward to your review :)

flier
15th February 2007, 12:02 PM
Hi Mcmuffin,

Ah blur,
Any update of your reno works anot?

smallkidd
18th March 2009, 12:55 PM
I recently popped by a ID firm <content deleted>.
This place is really special cause the showroom is actually very big,the designers' services are pretty good as well as i like wat i see inside the showroom.i think they are really very very creative enough to think of all these ideas.
They explain to me even though i was really mesmerised by their designs that i paid little attention to them.its my boyfriend who was actually listening to them.Though they isn't any kind of famous company,but their patience with customers are really impressive.even though we wasn't there to do reno.but then we were actually snob by their designs and the portfolios they showed us!
This company is called Mood Design Pte Ltd.
<content deleted>
Do drop by to take a look.
its really impressive!

cookies
19th March 2009, 08:58 AM

i think if i got my own house, i will not engaged an ID but rather i think a good contractor is important. someone that can put my ideas into reality and workmanship is something ultra important.

happylalapo
23rd March 2009, 09:08 PM
Whether to get a designer or not , it really depends on idea and budget.

Of course, if money is not an issue it will make sense to engage a good designer who can do all your planning and purchasing and make the house into a showflat.

It will be wonderful to have surprises! to walk into a house that you will die for.

Ha! ha! of course if budget is a constraint even if thought of getting a designer it will be not practical to do so.

cookies
25th March 2009, 01:30 PM
true lar. budget is the main thing for every thing.

was having lunch with a business partner last week and she was asking me will i be getting my own house when i hit 35. i told her yar why not. then she was calculating for me the cost of having a own house. now i understand how nice it is to stay with parents.

happylalapo
27th March 2009, 01:48 PM
Cannot agreed more to what you said.

I wish I could stay with my parents, but eversince I moved out from the family since I married .... although now I am divorce ...... my parents never invitated me home to stay with them. Sounds sad right.

But not that my parents do not love me, they loves me alot, just that to them i am already a married out daughter.

I have to pay for my own place which is pretty taxing.

cookies
28th March 2009, 10:08 AM
that's why there is a chinese saying that married daughters are like water that has been slashed out. truely sad. well on the other hand, this also makes you independent and prove that you are capable to maintain a house on your own.

keep it up...