PDA

View Full Version : midnite calls

cookies
8th September 2008, 09:13 AM
hi,

my friend told me recently her husband always received calls in the middle of the night. he does not want to answer the phone and left it ringing. my friend asked him who is that and why he does not want to answer he said nobody and don't ask so much. my friend try to peep for the caller ID but it was private number. she is very bothered with this and ask me for advise. there is only 2 possibilities - woman or money.

how to make her husband talk?

EILEEN LIU
8th September 2008, 11:34 AM
the husband definitely hiding something. when the hp keeps ringing in the middle of the night and the husband said it is "nobody". if it is truly nobody, then why did he not answer the call and told that "nobody to stop calling since that person got the wrong number. that would stop the disturbance to their sleep.

if i were the wife, i would list out all these loop holes and strange things, ask him explain, demanded that he tell me the truth. if it is really a woman, let me know, if he wants to be out of the marriage, let me know, i would gladly grant him freedom. then save him the inconvenience of not being able to answer the phone calls. there is no point keeping a man by your side if his heart is not with you anymore.

the wife definitely should not let it be. living in constant doubt is not fair to her and to her husband. if the husband is really innocent, then to constantly be suspicious of him is not fair.

better to get things out in the open. i always believe a marriage should have no secrets and total honesty with each other is one key of keeping a marriage alive.

duffyduck
8th September 2008, 11:43 AM
mm... I also think it's suspicious and the wife should try to find out what's it about. but I think she should do it tactfully. Given that the husband didn't want to answer the calls...Well, may be he has also made up his mind that whoever it is, he doesn't want to get involved anymore. - may be he did something wrong but didnt want to continue anymore. It's then up to the wife whether after she knows the truth... can she still forgive?

If it's loan shark then I think the wife should know before things get out of hand. All in all, I think the wife should make some mental preparation before she asks. It's better to maintain a cool mind to resolve things then to make things worse by being overly emotional.

Ah Boy
8th September 2008, 12:16 PM
I also used to get calls in the middle of the night from strange people le. I picked up a few times and it's a different foreign lady each time, asking whether we can be friends... in the middle of the night :eek:

huey
8th September 2008, 12:25 PM
alamak...ah boy did you subscribe to those sleezy hotline! hahaha!

Aiya...just keep asking that husband until he cannot sleep la. man cannot be trusted!

Curry Chicken
10th September 2008, 12:45 PM
Man hater on the loose :rolleyes:

happylalapo
10th September 2008, 03:21 PM
Dear cookies

Maybe your friend husband is not ready to disclose to your friend the problem he is having. Maybe really there is nothing.

Ask your friend, not to worry too much cause it is just a phone call. Alternatively, if her husband says there is nothing, she just have to trust that there is nothing.

Sometimes maybe it is for her good that her husband did not tell her what it is about.

If she is so uncomfortable about it, sit down with her husband and have a nice chat with him. Telling him that she is worried and would like to really know if there is anything wrong. Maybe explaining to her husband that her six sense tells her there is something he is not revealing to her and that makes her worried.

If she suspect her husband is having an affair, raise her concern understanding that sometimes it is not the husband doing - honestly nowadays woman are different from old days, they will go after the man even when they are rejected or even the man is married.

It may not be the husband doing - rather someone pestering him.

Your friend must have an open mind to have an open discussion with her husband else there will be no conversation but rather only quarrels.

huey
10th September 2008, 05:05 PM
Alamak curry chicken... you saying i man hater?!! I got husband one leh... and I luv him very much one! who say i hate man?

happylalapo... dun get angry har... you sound like very traditional woman leh... open 1 eye and close 1 eye type -

"Ask your friend, not to worry too much cause it is just a phone call. Alternatively, if her husband says there is nothing, she just have to trust that there is nothing. Sometimes maybe it is for her good that her husband did not tell her what it is about..."

-- It's not 1 call...according to cookies is many calls late at night. Jialat... like that sure 1 day kana cheated. Dun say man la...okie... we cant trust pp 100% including ourselves... how many promises hv u broken yourself? dun say it's someone else. i think it's ok to ask but use yr brain when u ask. if u ask like a judge or police man of coz, u kana fire back. ask tactfully and do it at the right time...we woman's weapon is gentleness...

really ah... calling all women out there, dun be a ostrich... dun even investigate then just hide & tell yourself everything is ok... is just very silly thing to do. of coz couple must trust one and another but cannot let one step over the other. i seldom chase after my hubby with alot of questions, but if he even ask me to shut up when i really concern... i'll think he disrespect me... either he think i'm too stupid to handle it or i'm not even qualify to know.

onion
10th September 2008, 05:21 PM
hi huey... to men eating and sleeping are very important. so take my advise, never pester us with questions when we are sleeping or eating! We usually can't keep our cools when disturbed at these times. but i think asking gently and tactfully is a good way.

don't get offended ladies, but we men tend to process stuff 1st before we talk. So give us some space la. Dun just jump on us and shoot right away. Also sometime what women think is very important, to us is nothing...like what ah boy say, it may be some harmless prank calls but we just too tired to answer in details. may be the husband dunno that his wife is getting worried. so ask but dun interrogate pls, like we haven't even do anything wrong but already sentenced as guilty...*sign*

slow learner
10th September 2008, 07:33 PM
Humm.. agree with Huey

Man cannot be trusted.

Yo! happylalapo, in todays society how can you still be traditional woman.

Cookies, tell your friend stand up for her rights to know what is it all about ... no scare go ask her husband. As wife you have the rights to know what is happening.

Man tends to like woman who stand on their feet - the traditional type not in fashion now la.

cookies
13th September 2008, 10:42 AM
wow thanks for all the feedbacks, i must ask my friend to read all your comments.

according to my friend, she said she has tried many methods - soft and hard, scream at him and also sweet to him but still no use. her husband still keeps deny.

what my friend observed is that her husband seems very troubled. if there is really 'nobody' or nothing, then why he does not want to doing something about it like reporting to the tel co or turn off the phone before he goes to bed.

if a normal person receives constant prank calls at night, then what would he do? definitely will do something right.

it kind of quite clear cut that he is hiding something. something really fishy.

irng
19th September 2008, 08:37 AM
you know rencently, my cousin also faced similar issue. she has been suspicious of her wife for sometimes, when there is phone calls, she always walk away and answer discreetly. then one fine day, their friend saw her holding hands with another guy and realised that she is seeing someone else.

the shocking thing is that the man she is seeing is 10 years younger and a china national who is working as a chamber maid in a local hotel here. my cousin's wife is a secretary and my cousin is a engineer.

my cousin can't accept the fact that why her wife would go for someone worst then him. if she is seeing someone much better he would have accept the fact. they have 4 kids, now the wife want to divorce and only want toe fight for the custody of 1 youngest child.

i find this weird, it's either you take all or don't want and half half, why want to separate the children.

what have the world become?

cookies
22nd September 2008, 08:56 AM
got xiao long nui now got xiao long bao. hahahahaha.....

well this kind of things, as a outsider difficult to say lar. maybe in between there's something wrong about the husband and wife and none of us know. just hope that the kids will do well even with single parent.