PDA

View Full Version : Positive Ions

Ah Boy
13th March 2007, 06:33 PM
There seem to be quite a number of products from fridges to air-cons that are promoting this "positive ions effect". It's supposed to be good for one's health. Anyone knows how true this claim is and the science behind it :confused:

flier
14th March 2007, 10:26 AM
There seem to be quite a number of products from fridges to air-cons that are promoting this "positive ions effect". It's supposed to be good for one's health. Anyone knows how true this claim is and the science behind it :confused:

Positive ions? I was just shopping around but the products seems to be for negative ions. as most of the dust and pollens in the air are positively charged, the negative ions will cause them to be attracted to and stick to each other thus falling onto the ground for cleaning

Curry Chicken
14th March 2007, 08:10 PM
Sharp fridges, washing machines etc have some plasma or silver ions thingy which is supposed to be good for you. Think Toshiba also have some plasma technology. I dunno whether these tech is really significantly beneficial or a marketing gimmick but with all these cool sounding terms, I'm surprised these products cannot blast us into outer space :D

Ah Boy
22nd March 2007, 10:48 AM
Learnt from a doctor friend that it's not just any positive ions but specifically positive silver ions that has anti-bacterial properties. It's supposed to produce the best anti-bacterial results. So I guess the question is whether the products really introduce significant Ag+ to benefit users :)