PDA

View Full Version : planter box

JuJu
27th September 2008, 11:38 AM
i recently just bought an apartment at telok kurau. the project is still under development but from the perspective, i saw a planter box at the balcony area. my husband and me are not a plant person cos we are hardly at home due to busy work schedule.

what can i do about the planter box? leaving it there empty seems weird. any good suggestions?

forever tired
28th September 2008, 03:35 PM
is the planter box detachable ? if it is, why don't you bring it inside and use as a laundry basket?

McMuffin
3rd October 2008, 12:27 PM
A planter at the end of the day is still a planter :D Buy some bougainvillea, cactus or other easy-to-manage plants to fill it up.

happylalapo
3rd October 2008, 04:03 PM
JuJu

Why not take a picture of your planter, let us have a look?

I sure have some good idea for you.

Maybe if it is feasible can place some wooden deck on it and make it into a balcony or something?

JuJu
14th October 2008, 10:42 AM
JuJu

Why not take a picture of your planter, let us have a look?

I sure have some good idea for you.

Maybe if it is feasible can place some wooden deck on it and make it into a balcony or something?

no picture leh cos my property is still under development. the planter is area is rather small about 1m x 0.5m. i did thought about placing wooden deck but the area very small also cannot do anything outdoor. haiya.

happylalapo
14th October 2008, 05:11 PM
oh, that is really small.

Before I have an apartment with that type of balcony. what I did was I bought white orchids and place them there- it kind of turn out nice.

precious
14th October 2008, 09:38 PM
maybe wanna put some stones/pebbles to fill up the small space.
and a small water feature at a corner... :P too imaginative hor

ok, pebbles with some strong-life plants :)

slow learner
3rd November 2008, 10:59 PM
Maybe you can try creating a water feature making use of the planter box.

JuJu
8th January 2009, 09:49 AM
hey pals,

thanks for all the advise. we have decided to just lay across some parquet so that we can walk out to enjoy the scenery a little.

slow learner
22nd January 2009, 11:56 AM
I see you adopted happylalapo suggestions. Bet it turn out nice. Show us a picture if you can will be interesting to see it.