PDA

View Full Version : chinese Tea sets

mcpqueen
1st October 2008, 06:06 PM
I came back from a trip to Hong Kong and got myself some really good Chinese Tea leaves.

In order to enjoy it to its best - I believe the tea set is important too.

Any idea where to get them? Prefer the traditional type.

cookies
2nd October 2008, 08:51 AM
you can walk along chinatown i'm sure you can find some good stuff there

Babyrie
3rd October 2008, 04:08 PM
recommend you to visit the arcade - there is a shop that sells good quality chinese tea and sure they have nice tea sets too.

witty cat
9th October 2008, 11:23 AM
meow! meow!

Carrefour suntec city - there is a chinese tea house - Go check it out.

Witty Cat is friend! meow! meow!

cookies
10th October 2008, 08:49 AM
ohhhh..... carrefour has a chinese tea house? ohhhh..... something really new to me. i enjoy tea too both chinese and english. always wanted to get a good pot but find it very expensive leh. can't bare to pay for it.

little faith
10th October 2008, 09:40 AM
you can walk along chinatown i'm sure you can find some good stuff there

besides Chinatown, i believe Tanjong Pagar has one tea house which sells tea pot sets as well. sorry, cannot recall the name.

happylalapo
20th March 2009, 08:38 PM
Drinking tea is good for exercising patient in a person too. And they are great for health.

happylalapo
23rd March 2009, 09:18 PM
This is the simple tea set I have at home.

cookies
26th March 2009, 08:45 AM
Drinking tea is good for exercising patient in a person too. And they are great for health.

recently been told by the doctor to stop drinking tea, coffee and alcohol as my stomach is rather weak.

i always has stomach pain, not those stomach ache type where you want to go toilet. doctor said all these beverages are rather acidic so have asked me to cut off totally.

now my stomach is getting better.

i used to drink green tea just like plain water as my friend told me it helps in slimming don't know is it because of too much green tea makes my stomach weak.

happylalapo
27th March 2009, 01:44 PM
never over do.... too much of good things become bad.

cookies
28th March 2009, 08:50 AM
i think also age lar. i really feel my health weaker now compared to when i'm in my 20s.... haiya...

Curry Chicken
31st March 2009, 06:37 PM
Balance is the key. Ohmmmmm

onion
3rd June 2009, 12:26 PM
I bought a "purple sand" (dunno it's proper english term) tea set recently in China. The salesperson kept saying it's mineral content is good for health. I haven't really see any changes in my body yet (no big prob with my health anyway...just a bit high on the blood level)... but curiously the ants seemed to love it even when I only poured plain water. I often found plenty of them drowned in the pot overnight! may be the ants also know it's goodness???

As for tea leaves go for organic green tea... powerful anti-oxidant.

cookies
4th June 2009, 08:33 AM
about the ants in the tea pot, my stainless steel kettle has groups of ants in it every morning too. it has nothing to do with the tea pot.

i used to drink organic green tea (those powder type) like 3 - 4 glasses a day. i think it does help in slimming too. but i stop cos i start to find that my stomach becomes rather weak, like gastic etc not sure if got anything to do with too much green tea.

so moderation is really the key to well being.

happylalapo
23rd June 2009, 05:49 AM
I bought a "purple sand" (dunno it's proper english term) tea set recently in China. The salesperson kept saying it's mineral content is good for health. I haven't really see any changes in my body yet (no big prob with my health anyway...just a bit high on the blood level)... but curiously the ants seemed to love it even when I only poured plain water. I often found plenty of them drowned in the pot overnight! may be the ants also know it's goodness???

As for tea leaves go for organic green tea... powerful anti-oxidant.

Never completely believes what a sales person tells you.
Especially from ... not so nice to quote - later I get X from this forum :D

Weird thinking about the ants ..... you are funny Onion - Wake up from your own ants world...... ha! ha! maybe they are thirsty and Opps! they cannot get out after going in..... ha! ha! Ha!

vincehu564
18th December 2009, 12:02 PM
recently been told by the doctor to stop drinking tea, coffee and alcohol as my stomach is rather weak.

i always has stomach pain, not those stomach ache type where you want to go toilet. doctor said all these beverages are rather acidic so have asked me to cut off totally.

now my stomach is getting better.

i used to drink green tea just like plain water as my friend told me it helps in slimming don't know is it because of too much green tea makes my stomach weak.

Medically, the tea leaf contains a number of chemicals, of which 20-30% is tannic acid, known for its anti-inflammatory and germicidal properties. It also contains an alkaloid (5%, mainly caffeine), a stimulant for the nerve center and the process of metabolism. Tea with the aromatics in it may help resolve meat and fat and thus promote digestion. It is, therefore, of special importance to people who live mainly on meat, like many of the ethnic minorities in China. A popular proverb among them says, "Rather go without salt for three days than without tea for a single day."

Tea is also rich in various vitamins and, for smokers, it helps to discharge nicotine out of the system. After wining, strong tea may prove to be a sobering pick-me-up.