PDA

View Full Version : Buy Gold

lion
8th October 2008, 02:42 PM
i just read an article in papers today about a family tradegy. a man in LA shot his whole family to death and then shot himself due to his failure in investment.

my brother was telling me the other day that there will be many of such case where people will commit suicide due to the bear stock market.

on the other hand, gold prices are going up. i just got a report today that gold prices are trading at $49.50 now. was an increase of $1.50 from 2 weeks ago.

my wife told her mother kept asking her to buy gold if got spare cash. this is an old folk saying gold is still the best for investment even in time of crisis.

should i start to put my investment in gold instead?

lion is thinking to buy gold .......

little faith
10th October 2008, 09:46 AM
hmmmm. read somewhere that ppl are thinking of buying gold for saving purposes as putting money in the banks are longer a surely secured option.

McMuffin
10th October 2008, 07:22 PM
Gold is now 900+ USD per ounce. If memory serves, gold has never been this high before. I think it's way too high to enter at this level lion.

lion
11th October 2008, 12:37 PM
yar gold is very high now. at $51.50 not advisable to go in now. those who bought last time benefit lor.

lion want some gold....

happylalapo
22nd January 2009, 11:45 AM
Lion are you still thinking of buying Gold - there are so many opportunities in the market now.

lion
2nd July 2009, 08:48 AM
serious opportunities where? got lobang share leh.

lion still thinking of making money, who does not

kwee34
18th December 2009, 11:57 AM
Good choice to buy gold. Of all the precious metals, gold is the most popular as an investment. Investors generally buy gold as a hedge or safe haven against any economic, political, social or currency-based crises. These crises include investment market declines, burgeoning national debt, currency failure, inflation, war and social unrest. Investors also buy gold early in a bull market and sell it before a bear market begins, in an attempt to gain financially.

routristan
22nd December 2009, 10:40 AM
Successful investing is about the diversification and management of risk. In layman's terms this means not having all your eggs in one basket. We know that markets can and do crash and if you are not properly diversified your nest egg can be severely affected.

Ah Boy
22nd December 2009, 01:18 PM
But I diversify until lose don't lose much, win also don't win much le. Very boring :(

routristan
23rd December 2009, 11:11 AM
well... we'll win some and then we lose some. its a vicious cycle really, that cannot be avoided. but worth the try and u never know how much u'll win. so once u make a major gain, bail out and reap the benefits

lion
24th December 2009, 10:56 AM
ah boy, listen to roustan. he definitely sounds logical.

i agreed it's a vicous cycle. you can't be expecting to win everytime.

lion is broke on christmas...

routristan
24th December 2009, 11:13 AM
ah boy, listen to roustan. he definitely sounds logical.

i agreed it's a vicous cycle. you can't be expecting to win everytime.

lion is broke on christmas...

have a merry christmas lion... at least try to =)

hoclara
6th January 2010, 10:23 AM
when u guys say that u invest in gold... does that mean u go to the jewellery store and buy necklaces, rings etc? or is it the buying of gold bars? how u go about doing this in SGP?

lion
7th January 2010, 10:17 AM
i don't invest in gold but i believe that it can be done in the paper way like buying stocks and shares or commodities. if you want the typical tradition way, buy gold bars lor but seriously these days were can buy gold bars, i'm not sure.

lion want some gold bars too...

hoclara
7th January 2010, 11:17 AM
i don't invest in gold but i believe that it can be done in the paper way like buying stocks and shares or commodities. if you want the typical tradition way, buy gold bars lor but seriously these days were can buy gold bars, i'm not sure.

lion want some gold bars too...

ok ok. i understand. so lets say i want to buy gold now. how do i go about starting this? just like lion, i want gold bars too :)

lion
8th January 2010, 08:15 AM
hehehe actually i really don't know. maybe gold smith shop should have. but frankly speaking, now buy gold bar abit bit on the high side. the latest prices for pure gold is $61.50 per gram which i need is really high. no point buying now.

lion thinking any free gold bar, those chocolate kind also good heheheh....

hoclara
8th January 2010, 11:08 AM
lion... you're so funny. chocolate bar i can buy for u. lol! where did u get the figures for the price of gold per gram?

lion
22nd April 2010, 08:07 AM
my wife works in the jewellery industry. they have all the updated gold price figures.

lion still dreaming of his gold bars....