PDA

View Full Version : programs for the BIG day

irng
13th October 2008, 05:51 PM
my sister is getting married. she is asking for ideals of what to do during the dinner. unlike the typical dinner, yum seng and going around toasting friends and relatives, what else can be done during the dinner.

happylalapo
14th October 2008, 05:19 PM
Maybe your sister can arrange for a play to act out how they met and what are the funny things that happen- that could be entertaining - what say you???

irng
15th October 2008, 08:41 AM
interesting, how much does it cost? i remember engaging irene ang and her team for $2,500 for a 10min skit in a opening launch previously. that time she is not so 'hot' yet. i'm actually thinking of getting the guest entertained for at least half hour of cos can have interval lar.

also do you think it's advisable to cater for the kids as well. i attended a wedding dinner where kids were entertained in another room with buffet food. there are magic shows, baloon scrupture, cartoons etc, my friend arranged for baby sitters as well. apparently she told me it's cheaper then to let them sit at the table where they occupy 1 seat. my friend can then consolidate and cut down the tables. at the same time, the children get entertained as well. i thought was quite a good idea.

happylalapo
19th October 2008, 10:12 PM
:) it does not cost anything.

Just get a few damn good friend to do the act - add some jokes in it - example like make the man dress as the woman and the woman as man (switch roles).

Basically the whole idea is to make fun of the couple - this will be so fun.

Ha! Ha!

Oh yeah, must make sure the couple not the petty type some people are not fun type prefer to be having their wedding plain and simple.

don enemy
20th October 2008, 05:16 PM
Maybe your sister can arrange for a play to act out how they met and what are the funny things that happen- that could be entertaining - what say you???

wah lao ....happylalap..like that the wedding dinner drag till what time ????

already most chinese wedding dinners do not start punctually. some start at 8.30pm and end at ard 10.00pm - add in the play - i cannot imagine what time the guests would be leaving.

no offence, fun and refreshing to do this but not feasible.

mcpqueen
20th October 2008, 10:03 PM
well done, don enemy!

Cannot agree more with you.

irng
21st October 2008, 04:32 PM
i kind of like happylalapo idea and so does my sister. she is now checking with a few good friends if they can put up something funny and silly.

as for don enemy's worry, it will not take long, as the play will probably take 5-10mins max. those were the days to traditional wedding. so boring yawn....