PDA

View Full Version : Ice-cream maker

matchstick
23rd October 2008, 03:33 PM
I am looking for an ice-cream maker for home use. Can anyone let me know where can I get one? I went to Tang's but could not find it there. My budget below $300/-.

gloriajean
24th October 2008, 11:26 AM
not so sure about locally... i've seen some sold over the internet but you may have to take in consideration of shipping cost.

hazel
25th October 2008, 08:40 AM
hmmmm.... interesting. what is the typical ingredient of an making ice cream. and what are the uses of the ice cream machine.

happylalapo
31st October 2008, 02:44 PM
I am looking for an ice-cream maker for home use. Can anyone let me know where can I get one? I went to Tang's but could not find it there. My budget below $300/-.

not sure if you will be happy with the Toy type of ice cream maker.

I seen it in Great World City - 3rd floor, a gift shop.

It does make real ice cream.

bookworm
31st October 2008, 03:41 PM
:eek: :eek:

Hey, matchstick, do you know that you do not need an ice cream maker to make ice cream.

Let me teach you how to do it:-

Ingredient:-

325ml fresh milk
175ml fresh cream
50gm sugar
150 gm salt
ice cubes sufficient to lay over a 50cm metal bowl.

Procedures :

Place the fresh milk and fresh cream together with the sugar in a 30cm metal bowl.
Beat the ingredient till bubbles are form. Continue beating it until it gets slightly thicker. Probably about 20 mins of beating. You will notice a lot of bubbles.

Place sufficient ice cubes over the 50cm metal bowl. Pour salt over the ice.
than place the 30cm metal bowl on top of the ice cream forming a double bowl effect.

Continously stir the thicken mix of fresh cream and milk + sugar. You will notice that ice cream is forming below. scrap it and continue to stir in one direction. The ice creams beneath the smaller bowl helps to freeze the cream and milk.

In a couple of minutes the ice cream is ready to be eaten.

All this must be done in a cool environment best in air-con room.

:eek: :eek: try making it - enjoy the ice cream.

don enemy
22nd November 2008, 10:31 AM
so troublesome to make your own ice cream.

much more convenient to just buy them at the supermarket.

there are new flavours coming out almost every month, why go through the hassel of making your own leh ?

Curry Chicken
1st December 2008, 06:40 PM
It's cheaper and you have more control over the flavour la! Yum yum!

slow learner
20th March 2009, 10:38 PM
:eek: :eek:

Hey, matchstick, do you know that you do not need an ice cream maker to make ice cream.

Let me teach you how to do it:-

Ingredient:-

325ml fresh milk
175ml fresh cream
50gm sugar
150 gm salt
ice cubes sufficient to lay over a 50cm metal bowl.

Procedures :

Place the fresh milk and fresh cream together with the sugar in a 30cm metal bowl.
Beat the ingredient till bubbles are form. Continue beating it until it gets slightly thicker. Probably about 20 mins of beating. You will notice a lot of bubbles.

Place sufficient ice cubes over the 50cm metal bowl. Pour salt over the ice.
than place the 30cm metal bowl on top of the ice cream forming a double bowl effect.

Continously stir the thicken mix of fresh cream and milk + sugar. You will notice that ice cream is forming below. scrap it and continue to stir in one direction. The ice creams beneath the smaller bowl helps to freeze the cream and milk.

In a couple of minutes the ice cream is ready to be eaten.

All this must be done in a cool environment best in air-con room.

:eek: :eek: try making it - enjoy the ice cream.

Anyone tried this? My friend told me they learnt this in Japan - hey bookworm you got this recipe from where?