PDA

View Full Version : Induction Hob

usentians
5th November 2008, 05:29 PM
Hi

Can anyone advise :confused: if i shd use an induction hob as i do not like the idea of a gas cylinder in the kitchen and moreover, my kitchen space is too small.

There is no govt gas in our condo. :rolleyes:

Tks u ;)

happylalapo
5th November 2008, 06:55 PM
Hi usentians,

Not sure if you have read the thread posted by Precious regarding the pros and cons of Induction hob.

Well, I think if your kitchen is as small as you have described, yes, I will highly recommend you getting an Induction Hob.

I think it is not only functionable, save and it cook up good food from feedback of friends who are using them now.

I personally, think they look really cool, neat and nice.

Go for it.

precious
6th November 2008, 08:53 AM
after using mine for some light cooking, really thumb-up for e fast boiling & easy control. even overspill it is not a worry as there is no naked flame.
just wipe clean after cooking. simple!!

frankly me love it :)

but if u r more to wok-cooking then it is not suitable since the surface is so flat :P

usentians
6th November 2008, 03:11 PM
Thank you very much for the valuable info.

Now my only concern is whether the existing hob measurement can fix the induction hob. Need to check with the ID. :confused:

Cheers

evel
7th November 2008, 09:57 AM
can someone tell me what is an induction hob. is it those kind of flat stove that does not use fire. i'm getting my new house soon, if it's really that good i would want to consider that as well.

usentians
7th November 2008, 10:59 AM
Hi Eve

Yes it is. It works by transferring the current through a coil that transfers heat directly to a pan. Unlike gas or traditional electric power, induction cooking works only when the pan is placed within a magnetic zone, so that energy is directed where it is needed. More than 90% of the energy goes straight to the pan unlike gas and electric. It is $$ saver compare to electric hob.

;) Quite cool looking when place in the kitchen.