PDA

View Full Version : rat problems

Babyrie
6th November 2008, 04:45 PM
My friend stayed in a landed home, to his horror rats have been running on the false ceiling which is hanging above his bed at home.

The biggest horror is a a rat die up there and maggots started coming down from the ceiling, worse of all the bad smell.

He got pest control people to come and remove the dead rat but that will not be a permanent solution.

Does anyone has any idea how to get rid of the rat completely from the ceiling?

irng
7th November 2008, 04:16 PM
i think a bi-monthly pest control must be done for landed property. there is no fool proof solution to stop this problem. you can only main good hygiene by cleaning often and keeping food and proper places. the other way is to set traps for rats lor but if your house got kids or pets then not advisable

Babyrie
22nd November 2008, 04:18 AM
My friend finally got rid of the rats. Hopefully, it is permanent :)

This is what he was advise to do.

1) He engaged a gardener to trim all the trees that has leave touching the house, apparently that is how the rat when up the house.

2) He has pest control in the house intensively for 3 times a week for a period of one month.

don enemy
22nd November 2008, 09:55 AM
My friend finally got rid of the rats. Hopefully, it is permanent :)

This is what he was advise to do.

1) He engaged a gardener to trim all the trees that has leave touching the house, apparently that is how the rat when up the house.

2) He has pest control in the house intensively for 3 times a week for a period of one month.

WOW ..3 times a week - how much would that cost ?

irng
22nd November 2008, 01:09 PM
WOW ..3 times a week - how much would that cost ?

i think what she meant is only for 1 month. i think you need to do in intensive for for 1 month only ok what.

Babyrie
5th December 2008, 11:37 AM
Yes, it is only for a month, per trip is $80 so cost is not more than $1000.

irng
5th December 2008, 12:14 PM
but no matter what, still need to maintain lor, if not the problem will resurface again

milooi
17th December 2009, 10:53 AM
and i thought that roaches and lizards are big problems... rats are like the ultimate in pests man. eeeew

ashmakton
18th December 2009, 11:23 AM
The first defence against a rat infestation is to proof your home. Young rats can get through holes of less than 1cm, so it is important to seal any holes and fit bristle strip around doors. It is important not to attract rats with food – store food in plastic or metal containers and regularly clean under cookers and fridges. Outdoors, ensure household refuse is kept in closed bins, do not put meat into compost heaps and use squirrel-proof bird feeders.

Rats can come up from sewers through broken pipes - it is important to ensure that all pipe-work is in good order.

ShuYingChua
12th October 2022, 03:24 PM
Hi everyone,

You may also want to try Avalon Services strives to deliver the best cleaning service and pest control services result with integrity and commitment to its clientele. We take pride in the way we build strong, lifelong partnerships with our clients. Avalon Services specializes in include office cleaning, disinfection, carpet cleaning, antimicrobial cleaning, carpet restoration, carpet protection, fabric upholstery cleaning, leather upholstery cleaning, marble floor polishing, mattress cleaning, and pest control such as termite control, mosquito control services and rodent control in Singapore (https://www.avalon-services.com.sg/pest-control/rats-and-mice/).