PDA

View Full Version : Home office - advantage and disadvantages

happylalapo
26th November 2008, 03:40 PM
What say you about Home office? Do you think it is wise to have a Home as an office?

Anyone has anything to say about this?

hazel
27th November 2008, 10:24 AM
actually it all depends on your work functions and discipline. if your work allows you to work in the comfort of your home then why not. for eg, if you are a graphic designer and most of the time your function is just working infront of a mac then why want to waste $ to have a office. but then of cos you need to be very discipline. another thing you need to take note if you are unable to concentrate at home due to disturbances from children or what-so-ever reasons then you have to work out of home.

slow learner
1st December 2008, 08:08 PM
humm.... I will not want a home office.

Having people coming to my house all the time - where is the privacy??

mhhouse
9th December 2008, 06:25 PM
Hi ppl, you may want to take a look at SOHO @ Central (http://www.thehomelook.com/cocoon/home visit/home-visit-4.php)

fwong93
17th December 2009, 11:11 AM
Working from a home office means no commuting in business traffic or paying for gas to travel back and forth to work. There is no pressure to clock in at a certain time or go to the office when you are not feeling well. Stress is greatly reduced with the freedom to begin work when you are ready and take breaks as needed. In addition, you do not have to worry about road rage, traffic accidents or driving in inclement weather.

myong406
21st December 2009, 10:25 AM
Working from a home office means no commuting in business traffic or paying for gas to travel back and forth to work. There is no pressure to clock in at a certain time or go to the office when you are not feeling well. Stress is greatly reduced with the freedom to begin work when you are ready and take breaks as needed. In addition, you do not have to worry about road rage, traffic accidents or driving in inclement weather.

very practical indeed. if only all bosses agree with this. lol. but then again, when im at home, i just want to relax. the motivation to work isn't really there. also, at work, i get to see my friends and spend time with them.

hazel
21st December 2009, 01:57 PM
i agree with myyong. the movitation to work at home is lack. my friend who works from home told me in order to motivate herself she discipline herself by waking up as usual and sit infront of her pc by 8.30am, dressed in office wear with make up and go to lunch only at 12pm.

i really kudos to her.

nickycboy
19th January 2010, 11:55 AM
i agree with myyong. the movitation to work at home is lack. my friend who works from home told me in order to motivate herself she discipline herself by waking up as usual and sit infront of her pc by 8.30am, dressed in office wear with make up and go to lunch only at 12pm.

i really kudos to her.

your friend really does that? thats really eccentric. makes it really easy for a lunch time quikie too. lol! but no colleagues :D

hoclara
22nd January 2010, 11:20 AM
i think i'd rather work in an office cos work is also about having friends. i look fwd to work everyday so that i can meet my close friends and spend time with them during lunch and tea breaks. makes life a little more worthwhile i guess.

hazel
29th January 2010, 08:03 AM
yar me too. work alone so boring. only got me and my dog. in office and chit chat and gossip abit. hahahaha life more interesting like that.

fwong93
29th January 2010, 05:05 PM
yar me too. work alone so boring. only got me and my dog. in office and chit chat and gossip abit. hahahaha life more interesting like that.

i suppose u are right. need some social activity to make life a little more meaningful

hazel
11th March 2010, 12:47 PM
wheter home or office, must make $$$$ most important...

hoclara
15th March 2010, 11:36 AM

i really kudos to her.

yes, I agree that motivation is the hardest part about working at home...besides, there are too many distractions in your own house...eg. tv, radio, bed...fridge...hahhah

hazel
16th March 2010, 07:53 AM
but like i said money can be a motivation too. depending on how you think. isn't it true?

fellascarpet
30th December 2011, 02:47 PM
humm.... I will not want a home office.

Having people coming to my house all the time - where is the privacy??
But dear it's good for you . because you can save your valuable time if you have office in your home.

eileenlim
5th January 2012, 01:48 PM
i sometimes bring work home and tell myself must do it but always ended watching tv, on the net or laze around just to lazy to get to work.

evel
6th January 2012, 01:11 PM
yar lar me also. very lazy lar.

happylalapo
27th January 2012, 02:10 PM
Advantages of Home Office
-cost savings
- time savings

Disadvantages
- lack of privacy
- feel that you are working even when you are on holiday

I have experience home office, I must said I missed the time where I do not need to travel to work, kind of convenience and cost saving as i do not need to rent an office space .
However, it is good to seperate work from home.