PDA

View Full Version : Renovation Loan

cookies
28th November 2008, 03:03 PM
i understand that the bank will pay the renovation loan directly to the contractor but what if we need $ to buy furnitures and furnishing leh then cannot take loan meh?

bookworm
28th November 2008, 05:05 PM
:eek: :eek:

One cannot take renovation loan for furnishing. But you can buy furnishing on hire purchase - some shops do have installments plan/ hire purchase - like your visa or master card. They may qualify you for 12 to 24 months installments.

:eek: :eek:

cookies
1st December 2008, 10:42 AM
yar i know that but usually they will tell you also that if you can pay by cash, then they can give you cheaper. i don't want to incur higher interest.

Curry Chicken
1st December 2008, 07:21 PM
Reno loan also must pay interest le. Isn't the loan interest around the same as the cash discount :confused:

precious
3rd December 2008, 01:13 PM
i understand that the bank will pay the renovation loan directly to the contractor but what if we need $ to buy furnitures and furnishing leh then cannot take loan meh?

think you can make customised furnitures so that to add these cost in the reno loan. remember to get reno loan in 5 cheques. pay the contractor pregressively. else very hard to get them to retify or speed up work after the $$ is paid in full.