PDA

View Full Version : SOS! X'mas feasting ideas?

iluvlife
11th December 2008, 03:21 PM
Help! counting the days to my xmas party and I'm clueless of what to get for food. Not really a gd cook... Any good ideas for a decent Xmas delicacies?

Should I just buy those ready xmas gourment package from cold storage? But I really dun hv gd feeling about that...heard they are frozen solid and after microwave they'll turn dry and tasteless.

My budget is about $300 for 30pax. Pls suggest ideas for starters, main course, drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), desserts. tks!

onion
15th December 2008, 10:06 AM
haha..good = plenty of good alcohol!!! Eat, drink and be merry!

Babyrie
15th December 2008, 04:01 PM
$300 for 30Pax that is ambitious.

:) why not you suggest pot luck than everyone bring some food over and safe you the trouble of doing everything on your own.

Else, this is what I will do.

Ask mum to fried bee hoon, cook a pot of curry chicken, fried some nice chicken wings, buy otah, fishball, chicken nuggets , buy a honey baked ham (get the gourmet people at coldstorage to slice them for you), buy a log cake for dessert and a turkey.

As for wine and liquor better get some of your guest to bring them........

:) .... ho ho ho tight budget.......:D

irng
16th December 2008, 08:33 AM
yar i agree with babyrie, $300 for 30 pax is like almost impossible. i will go along with babyrie's suggestion. that's what i do every year. pot luck and me as the host will buy the hams and turkeys and wine. just these alone cost me about $300.

nickycboy
28th December 2009, 02:40 PM
whoa... this was last year. so what did you do this year?