View Full Version : mold problems

17th December 2008, 02:27 PM
i have a vacant house in jurong. recently i went back wanted to do some cleaning but realised my cabinets have this mold thing that surface. it's like a ball of white cotton like thingy with some black dots. it makes my hair all stand just by looking at it. i believed it's due to humidity as most of the time the all the windows are close. i tried wiping with wet clothe but less than a week it comes back again. i used dethol also no use. then one of my friend suggest using vinegar which i just tried abit last week. but the problem is the strench is too overpowering and it kind of stained abit of our cabinet. i worried that the smell will stay for long. any good suggestions?

slow learner
18th December 2008, 01:20 PM
you can try buying some dehumidify thingy from supermarket and place them in the room.

Probably it is good if you can try leaving a window gap so that there is ventilation.

17th December 2009, 11:30 AM
hmmm... not a very long paragraph to help u but i think thirsty hippo will help. but on the hindsight, have a vacant house?

why dont u rent it out and genereate some cash

18th December 2009, 11:00 AM
after cleaning has removed all visible mold and other soiling from contaminated surfaces, a disinfectant may be used to kill mold missed by the cleaning. In the case of sewage contamination, disinfection is strongly suggested

Mix 1/4 to 1/2 cup bleach for 4 litres water and apply to surfaces where mold growth was visible before cleaning. Apply the solution with a sponge or by other methods that do not over saturate or flood the surface area.

Collect any run-off of bleach solution with a clean and filtered wet/dry vacuum, sponge or mop. do not rinse or wipe the bleach solution off the areas being treated. allow it to dry on the surface.