PDA

View Full Version : 90% Loans still being offered to Expats?

adamss
5th January 2009, 02:48 PM
Hi - I'm an expat and looking to change from rental to owner now that i'm settled in Singapore. I was wondering if banks are still offering 90% loans to expats? My current bank (HSBC) seems to have withdrawn 90% financing to anyone other than Singapore citizens.

thanks

McMuffin
6th January 2009, 07:36 PM
I heard that banks have become very cautious when lending to expatriates nowadays. My expat friend was trying to get a home loan for 90% but she only managed to get 80% in the end. She was telling me that one of the banks only offered her 60%.

slow learner
22nd January 2009, 11:50 AM
I heard many people who bought deferred payment properties who have not log in any loans are having problems getting financing for their properties as valuation dropped.

cookies
7th July 2009, 09:39 AM
I heard that banks have become very cautious when lending to expatriates nowadays. My expat friend was trying to get a home loan for 90% but she only managed to get 80% in the end. She was telling me that one of the banks only offered her 60%.

with resale prices for high end property going down by 50%, isn't it attracting more foreign buyers? In this case, will the bank lax in their loan criterial?