View Full Version : CNY goodies!

iluvlife
6th January 2009, 06:02 PM
Hi any good recommendations for

1.) Pineapple Tarts
2.) Shrimp paste rolls - extra spicy???

duffyduck
6th January 2009, 06:08 PM
sop... i wanted to try the shrimp paste rolls featured in the previous cny issue of cocoon. The retailer - Macey food & beverage is currently not in operation as they are still looking for a location for their stall... so saaaaad.

I've tried bengawan solo and glory (at ntuc)... so so only. personally prefer very spicy ones.

slow learner
6th January 2009, 06:10 PM
go to smily orchid at Ghim Moh - pretty good pineapple tarts and almond biscuits.

gloriajean
12th January 2009, 06:14 PM
Hi so sad that Macy is not in business this year...have been searching for them too. I bought their pineapple tart and shrimp paste also 2 years back... they are super good.

For cheap & good shrimp roll - try NTUC's only $8.80 yet taste and filling are pretty good!

Bengawan's pineapple tart - just feel that recent year it's standard has dropped. though still better than the rest.

Glory catering - lots of filling!

ling
12th January 2009, 06:30 PM
does Yu sheng consider a new year goody??? hee hee... just want to share Sakae sushi's "Sakae Salad" is a good alternative from traditional ones!

irng
13th January 2009, 11:43 AM
every year, my colleagues has alot of lobang for cny goodies, this year got home made cheese cookies, bee cheng hiang bak kwa, Hae Zo 虾枣, Kong Bah Bao 扣肉包 and scallop and even new notes.

my sister-in-law said my company like dry market hahahahah...

i'm not really a cny goodie person but i personally think glory catering is good because of their peranakan background.

ling, the sakea salad is their usual salad right not specially for cny right? normal salal where got thrill to 'lau'?

McMuffin
22nd January 2009, 05:52 PM
go to smily orchid at Ghim Moh - pretty good pineapple tarts and almond biscuits.

I agree! Smiling Orchid is pretty good :)

Ah Boy
5th February 2009, 06:51 PM
Nothing beats homemade goodies! My friend's mother made pineapple tarts with pineapple filling the size of golf balls :cool:

happylalapo
6th February 2009, 03:15 PM
New year coming to an end soon. Oh my God! those chinese goodies we have at home how come still not finish and seems like no one is touching them this year.

Where has all the goodies lovers gone to.

milooi
5th January 2010, 03:11 PM
the best is when u make the goodies yourself. that will make things a lot cheaper but time-consuming. if u have time, u can make it to your preference. extra sweet, less spicy, etc. better still, u sell to others. so u become the baker. cool right